Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got a 95 bronco with a 4 inch skyjacker lift, I heard you can swap coils from an e-350 for a much smoother ride, cause they are progressive coils no matter how much I search I can't seem to for sure know which could to buy can anybody post a link on a website that sells the ones I'm looking for? Let me know if you need more details also

·
Banned
6,552 Posts
Stock Bronco coils are progressive-rate, too. So is every other stock & aftermarket coil I've ever seen. Don't fall for marketing hype. You can't judge the ride quality by advertising jargon. If you want a smooth ride, go back to stock suspension. It's smooth & capable on-road & off-.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bronco rides like crap with the shocks/ coils I have on it right now, a lot of people put coils for an e350 on their Broncos back in the day and it greatly improved their offroad driving, with both big bumps and small bumps, doesn't sound too bad to me because washboards and stuff currently bounce me all over the road

·
Banned
6,552 Posts
Which lot of people? Back in what day? How great was the improvement? How bad was their offroad driving with stock springs? If it was anyone here, you'd be able to find old threads about it. But you said you can't, so that suggests no one here has ever done it.

Washboards will bounce ANY wheeled vehicle all over the road, regardless of springs.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
1. I would imagine an E-350 coil would be shorter than a 4" lift coil.

2. I would imagine an E-350 coil would have a higher spring rate than most 4" lift coils (Firmer, Harsher ride)

4. Where, from who, did you "Hear" this from?

3. Steve thinks factory everything is better. :popc1:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heard it from a guy that has years of experience just in suspension on ford trucks, he said a lot of people switch out their rancho coils for the coils im looking for, but it may not work for me because i have the lift.. maybe im better off new coils from an actual brand like king or fox

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
heard it from a guy that has years of experience just in suspension on ford trucks, he said a lot of people switch out their rancho coils for the coils im looking for
Well I have almost two decades of experience with multiple TTB suspension systems, help MOD the largest Full Size Bronco website in the world, and am just an all around curious kinda guy...

And I have never heard about this until today, so I doubt "Lots" of people do it.

Deaver makes a 6" (5.5") TTB coil that is soft, but I dont know if they make a 4"

SkyJacker makes 4" TTB coils that are fairly soft, not sure if they sell just the spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm.. i kinda want to try it now to see if it's bs or actually good, but also probably a waste of money for what it could be or I should say, isn't

1 - 10 of 10 Posts