Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to use the stock coil buckets and larger IFS coils on the swap. What im asking is why cant i just build some coil supports that accomadate the larger spring that will mount to the solid axle. That would save having to change the coil buckets and the trouble of squaring that up.

Arren

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is what im asking. And also use the larger new style springs. If it was as easy as it looks someone else would have done it. What am i overlooking

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
moses Black 89 said:
Yes that is what im asking. And also use the larger new style springs. If it was as easy as it looks someone else would have done it. What am i overlooking
People have done it...a few post down some guy is running ttb springs..

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
it's possible to do what you're describing. but most people move the coil bucket a couple inches foward when they put the 78/79 bucket on.

Also, a 78/79 coil will fit a TTB coil bucket :shrug . The tops of the 78/79 & the TTB coils are the same, it's just the bottoms that are different..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the reason for moving the buckets forward other than weight dist.
Also where is the thread you were talking about for the ttb coils and buckets

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
moses Black 89 said:
What is the reason for moving the buckets forward other than weight dist.
it puts the tire back into the center of the fender. If you leave the coil bucket in the stock location, the tire will hit the rear of the fender under compression...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts