Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since moving into our new shop in San Bernardino I made a unilateral decision to redo my coilovers. I also installed my new engine and I am getting so much closer to actually driving it!!

We still have to make a engine crossbar and finish gusseting everything but just like SBC, we make progress everyday.

·
Registered
490 Posts
that much horsepower would be so much fun

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Awesome! Do you have anymore pics of the mounts? Did you mount the coilovers on top of the beams or behind them? Would you mind if I stopped by to take a look? ......in Yucaipa. I've been debating whether to go with the Camburg buckets or just do coilover.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yikesbb said:
Awesome! Do you have anymore pics of the mounts? Did you mount the coilovers on top of the beams or behind them? Would you mind if I stopped by to take a look? ......in Yucaipa. I've been debating whether to go with the Camburg buckets or just do coilover.

Our new shop is at;

American PreRunner
455 S. "D" St., unit 14
San Bernardino, CA. 92401
760-792-2914

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice, NOW you guys move down the hill, huh? That engine is pretty sweet, I can't imagine what the "drive to work" feels like now... or do you still have a virtual offroad track at the new place?

Ever get your rollcage in?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
crackhead said:
Are you running dual coilovers??? Your 4th picture looks like there is 2 coilovers mounted to your shock hoop.. Am I smokin it??:smokin:
The second shock is a Sway-A-Way bypass shock. Only single coilvers per front wheel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crackhead said:
WOW.. I wouldnt imagine that you could generaly enough heat that a single 2.5" coilover couldnt handle it.. Good fab work though..
Under normal circumstances you could get away with a single shock application, however the has about 22" of front travel and 20" in the rear and combined with the huge HP and 4.56 gears we can hit speeds in excess of 100 MPH in the dirt.

one good set of 1/4 mile long whoops or rollers and the shocks will get nice and toasty.

·
Registered
393 Posts
crackhead said:
WOW.. I wouldnt imagine that you could generaly enough heat that a single 2.5" coilover couldnt handle it.. Good fab work though..
Drive down a dirt road with Andy and you will be thanking sweet Jesus for those bypass shocks...

I was AMAZED at what those things can soak up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kuss said:
Drive down a dirt road with Andy and you will be thanking sweet Jesus for those bypass shocks...

I was AMAZED at what those things can soak up.

Hey Kuss, wait'll we get the new setup ready and we'll do it again, this time it will be faster!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Finishlinewest said:
Hey Kuss, wait'll we get the new setup ready and we'll do it again, this time it will be faster!!

Jeez, no crap, once you get that monster engine going. I don't even want to think about it. That's gonna be sick.

:popc1:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts