Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I have a 4" lift by Rough Country that the previous owner had installed and I'm thinking of going back down to stock height with 33" tires.

Has anyone tried coils and add a leaf with 1.5" - 2" Lift? I see JBG has them.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ran lift coils and an add-a-leaf on an early bronco. I was not happy with the ride quality. The thick add-a-leaf made the rear really stiff. If the leaf pack you have is one of the nice 11 or 14 leaf type you can remove some of the middle leaves to lower the rear. Not sure how many you will need to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,508 Posts
In addition to the above, which is a good idea, you can also get longer shackles to lower the rear a bit too. You usually see these for gaining travel for desert style build, but will work just the same in your situation. Sometimes you have to clearance the bottom of the bed to gain clearance. Just the seam where its welded though.
I would keep an eye out for axle hop if removing springs from the leaf pack, likely to be a little more prone to it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've got those springs truck isn't all the way back together yet . so i can't speak on ride quality ..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got those springs truck isn't all the way back together yet . so i can't speak on ride quality ..
I'm starting to think they will be too stiff. Current spring capacity is 1,650 and these are 2,740.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like Superlift has a sale on the same coils and add-a-leaf as JBG, so I'll be ordering those soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see getting older, but my son had 2 broken rear leafs, so we swapped in a set of F250 2wd spring packs. These seemed to raise the rear about 3/4". Then I found a set of barely used 3.5 front coils by Wild Horses from a 66-77 Bronco. They evened his out very nicely, and it rides great. Only thing I don't get is, by shock dims off another site he has 3-4" lift and it is no where that high.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see this is an old post but if it helps anyone who comes across it..

My truck had a cobbled-together rear lift: stock leaf-pack, stock factory block, another junkyard leafpack, and an add-a-leaf. I had to get rid of it because there were several broken leaves.

I went with Deaver 4-inch leaves from JBG, removed the factory lift block and installed them that way.. this gives me just an inch or less of rear-lift and helps with axle-wrap. I purchased the 1.5-2" JBG coils but haven't had a chance to install them yet because I blew my motor shortly after (just got the S and J Engines remanufactured 400 in there and running last weekend!).

Some pictures..

33" BFG KM3's

37" ProComp MT just sitting next to the truck.

I will be installing a shackle-reversal kit (BRONCOAIR SHACKLE REVERSE BRACKETS) in to dial-in the rear, and then 3-4" coils in the front with Duff extended arms, to stuff the 37"s without cutting/minimal cutting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts