Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i buy a pair of coils for a 77 dana 44 that will give me more lift then 6" like a 8" or 9" lift and where can get them at? whats the biggest lift i can get out of a coil?

·
Registered
55 Posts
JBG sells a 9-9.5 inch coil spring for around $160.00. I know you can order bigger one's. But I can't think of the name of the place. A guy I know just got some 14 inchers, But he waited over two months for them!

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Raised on here I think has (had? did he sell em?) 11" coils that I think were made by National Spring. Pretty sure lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the site address to jbg? is it the same as bronco graveyard or is it different since its jeffs bronco gravyard? just rember im a chevy owner coming to the ford world so dont get to mad at me for asking dumb ? like this

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
custom = money. Get the JBG 9" springs, lower your coil towers down 3", and if you need a bit more on top of that use some TTB lowers which bump you up another inch to inch and a half. That's 13" or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im hoping to run 38'40's i got a 3" body lift already.rember im planing this to go on a 98 chevy half ton not a ford if that will matter

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
splinter, i'm only running 9" coils on my SAS'd bronco, and with cutout flares i have enough clearance to run 42's if i really wanted to. since you're cutting out the IFS, you have a totally blank slate to work with. if you already have a 3" body lift, 9" springs will give you a gross total of 12" of clearance. you'll be fine with just that setup to run 38's or 40's and have room to spare

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i believe chvy boat on this site is running the 9" skyjacker coils on his 97 1 ton that used to be a 1/2 ton chevy. he fits 40s no problem and only had to trim a slight bit where he rubs. he gets a lot of flex from those coils as well. if you're not going to be rockcrawling you probably wouldn't need to trim.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Andy351 said:
i believe chvy boat on this site is running the 9" skyjacker coils on his 97 1 ton that used to be a 1/2 ton chevy. he fits 40s no problem and only had to trim a slight bit where he rubs. he gets a lot of flex from those coils as well. if you're not going to be rockcrawling you probably wouldn't need to trim.

Yup, splinter and I have pm'd a novel on the topic on Pirates, but I guess he did not like my answers cause hes asking again here.

:thumbup

·
Registered
744 Posts
dogonmut said:
It's not his answers people have a problem with...it's his personal hygiene.:toothless

:goodfinge

Yea, you just remember that when I wont let you get on the Junior train, no matter how bad you want to be the caboose!!! And Junior always lets me be the engineer!!!:goodfinge

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can clear 42's, just a tad bit of rubbing when trying to make a sharp turn around in the yard on the radius arms

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it wasnt that i didnt trust ur answers bill its just i posted this b4 i got ur answer and i posted on a thousand sites to try to find info out on doing a ford coil sprung front axle ona chevy ur truck is the only one that i no of that has the set up. i havnt talked to u ina while i started to consider leafs cuz i think it might look cleaner but i think im going back to the coil sprung cuz seams cheaper and easier sorry if u think i ddint like ur answers. i really appreciate al the help u have gave me on pirate withall the pm's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts