Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 EB, and the hood has some pretty bad sun damage on it. i was wondering what different brands would be best to use to repaint it. im prolly just gonna spray can it, but i do have the equipment to go all out on it. and what color would i shoot for, to get best results?

·
Forward Some Money
5,028 Posts
You need to add the vehicle info on the left for more precise help. You didnt mention what color(s) it is or anything about it's condition. If it's an original '89 factory paint job, the whole truck is probably faded past the point of "matching" the true color that would come from a paint supplier. (factory pack). Some colors wouldnt be as bad.

I use PPG stuff. But regardless, you'll need to color blend adjacent panels to minimize the mismatch.

Rattle can paint isnt going to be close.

·
Registered
331 Posts
if you are rattle cannning it, then go with duplicolor... i like their nozzles, they flow in a flat pattern that covers more and less chance of runs... i use their primer too... It aint the cheap crap...

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Dark Colors are always show imperfections more then light. White is usually the best or most forgiving, but with bronco's you could consider Camo too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
just make sure you sand off the clear coat... dont take it down to metal... no need for that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts