Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the Solid Axle Swap and rear Hefty Fab Works shackle flip on micheal's white f150 sat night.So we decided to Eagle Rock on Sunday from the top down to get a good shake down run on it.. we ran the small turnout on 370I and it really worked great. so we shot up to the top of eagle rock .. there was a lot of rain most of the morning and even a light dusting of snow up top..We ended up crossing paths with James (JIMHAT) in his Tj he just ran from the bottom up.. he informed us that bighorn4x4 club was up there doing maintenance.. we dropped in the top and started down.. mikes new sas and suspension upgrades worked flawless.. allthough he did soon realize how hard it is to get a full width fullsize through the trees where the squeeze is... bighorn closed off the bypass on this section with some fallen trees ect... but with a little creative winching we got that big beast through with only one nice dent in the driver front fender... Bighorn also did a ton or work on the first rocky climb before you get to the rutted hillclimb... they made the bypass a little more doable.. they filled in some of tho holes as well as moved some boulders its deffinitly as hard as before maybe a little tougher.. and on the big rutted hill they cut in a bypass and put in two water boards up top to help try and eliminate erosion as well as basicly dozing the rutted section near the top filling in the holes allthough they did put a nice big boulder field in 3/4 of the way up to negotiate... and finally they fenced around the entire bog area in the meadow...... My Camera batterys died right past the squeeze so i really didnt get any pics of the work they did but heres what i got

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss170/rollingmenace/Eagle Rock 6-13-10/

·
Registered
809 Posts
looks like a good time. Man I would kill for some snow in June here, it's been over 100 degrees for 3 days now :whiteflag

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see the pond is full again. When we went there last winter it was dry.

Tim.. the pic of the water was actually taken in a creek crossing on the bullpark trail on way to top of eaglerock.... but yes the ponds at least last trip up there were all full and you had to drive through to get to trailhead

·
Registered
971 Posts
ahh that body looked straight on the 150 before the trails

1 - 8 of 8 Posts