Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants to go to Colorado in August and to be honest we have only been there during winter. So I'm asking for some opinions from FSB Colorado board of tourism.
The plan is to leave Dallas with two kids age 7 and 9 and go and stay at one of the following locations based on who has the best actvities. Crested Butte,Ouray, Pagosa Springs. No wheeling will be involved we will be in the 2wd Excursion. I would like to drive a trail and take in a scene but I have to keep in mind we need to get home.
So FSB Colorado gurus where would you take the family to enjoy all that Colorado has to offer in the summer time.

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
I lived in N. Colorado for 11 years before I HAD to move back. Estes Park is nice but touristy, the Stanley Hotel from the Shining is there, also a lot of people like driving Trailridge Road which goes through I believe Roosevelt National Park. Looking forward to moving back!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Black Canyon, Grand Mesa and Dot Zero are places that I enjoyed while I was there. Rifle Gap and Harvey Gap were pretty cool too for fishing/swimming.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Plan a day at the Royal Gorge, absolutely incredible.

(if you're going to do the swing, bring a change of drawers...) :thumbup

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I live in Gunnison. From there, you can drive up to Crested Butte, and on up to Gothic. In Gunnison, you can go on a river raft trip. Approx 2 hours east is Royal Gorge. About 4 hours south is Sand Dunes Natl Park. End of August is the county fair, complete with rodeo and livestock show, along with the carnival. If you want to go to Denver, it is about 3.5 hours away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts