Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all in The great state of Colorado!!! Does anyone want to go on a run? I am a newby to wheeling, but I am wanting to take my stock rig out and see how she does? I am in Colorado Springs. Need wheeling buddy's:cry

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
I trashed my rear in Moab a few weeks ago but when I get it back on it's feet then I will run with you.

dc

·
Registered
531 Posts
yeah yeah yea, i wanna go just give me a time!

·
Registered
531 Posts
i'm with yeah. i've never taken a run out there but i'm up for it. where and when?

i'm stock to... :(

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
Gentoe said:
I have no clue where to go, so one of you vets will have to pick where. My rig is bone stock, getting ready to get a new tune up hopefully this weekend...
here is a great trail for you. take a lunch and wear some hiking boots cause you will want to top out and enjoy the view.
anyhoo, this one can be done in a stock truck and is moderately challenging too boot. there is no exposure, so you won't have to sweat any drops. It is called Music Pass and it is in the Sangre de Cristo range, just south of Westcliffe. Enjoy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
here is a great trail for you. take a lunch and wear some hiking boots cause you will want to top out and enjoy the view.
anyhoo, this one can be done in a stock truck and is moderately challenging too boot. there is no exposure, so you won't have to sweat any drops. It is called Music Pass and it is in the Sangre de Cristo range, just south of Westcliffe. Enjoy.
Not sure I know this one. Any more info.? Got a trail number?

China Wall would be a fun one for stockers.

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
Trouble said:
Not sure I know this one. Any more info.? Got a trail number?

China Wall would be a fun one for stockers.
i don't have the trail number here at work, i will look it up tonight. but it is pretty well signed. head south from westcliffe on , umm, either 96 or 69 (they interesect there and i always get them transposed, but it is the only one going south). follow the signs to music pass. head on up.

another really fun one is tin cup pass. go over that then camp. then head down towards taylor ressie and come home via cottonwood pass (easy) which will drop you in BV.

·
Registered
158 Posts
China Wall / FR212 Starting at County Rd. 77 about 1/2 mile SE of the town of Tarryall. Take Forest Rd 212 East toward the Tarryall mtns. At around 1/2 mile you pass 212a on the right, this is the shortcut to CR77 about one mile long. From there you start to head up China Wall (a quartz ridge). The trail then forks; left is the wider, flatter, easier way especially with snow, right runs up a ledge where you'll find your first obstacle, and the only place where snow or ice would be a concern; a couple of rocky sections that you need good tire placement. Once you're over the wall the trail gradually drops and winds its way down. There are three or four areas of slick rock type obstacles and then a mogul wash down to the creek. There are bypasses for all but one of the more difficult rock sections. 4 miles one way. About half way down, FR204 heads off to the left, this is a worthy side trip that runs up over a rocky hill with a few worthy obstacles at the far end and one fairly gnarly spot. (pulled from 4x4trails.net)

Mt Herman is fun also.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure Spring Creek would be a good run for stockers. Pretty crowded too. Always seems to have someone break down in the rock garden. Backs up for hours.

·
Registered
135 Posts
ya that doesnt sound fun..my truck is pretty much stock as well..just have lift and bigger tires..I was just thinking about the fuel issue:cry ..I didnt really read the trail reports on spring creek and thought it was easier:thumbup

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just to let you know...China Wall is a great trail. Stock bronco could make it but it will take time. I made it with 2 inch suspension and 32"s and thats it, but also had my dad to guide me through a large majority of the duffucult sections. Tincup is a good pass for stockers, and if you do go to Taylor Resivor, take a fishing pole and fish Texas creek. You will catch a few fish. Just got back from there. Cottonwood pass is easy, but right now is in terrible condition. There are holes all over the dirt side of the pass. that makes for some pretty slow going, but other than that, that whole area is really nice. Just got back from there yesterday.

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
The China Wall area has great camping. Did the trail last year and had a great time.
http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/vehicles/registry/1493/25582

dc

dirtydave said:
Just to let you know...China Wall is a great trail. Stock bronco could make it but it will take time. I made it with 2 inch suspension and 32"s and thats it, but also had my dad to guide me through a large majority of the duffucult sections. Tincup is a good pass for stockers, and if you do go to Taylor Resivor, take a fishing pole and fish Texas creek. You will catch a few fish. Just got back from there. Cottonwood pass is easy, but right now is in terrible condition. There are holes all over the dirt side of the pass. that makes for some pretty slow going, but other than that, that whole area is really nice. Just got back from there yesterday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.