Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size tires i would be able to clear ..if i combine both..and would this be the same as having a 9" suspension lift.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
it would be better for you. if you feel you must go taller and won't be wheeling it.

also there is a big difference in the change of COG when doing 6" plus 3" body lift as compared to just a 3" body lift. going that high is putting a lot of leverage on the body bolts.

K

·
0 Posts
haha... well, im goin with the 4" suspension now, im gonna start tearin it up! :hump cant have a bronc without a little beatin!

as for the suspension + bl - ive heard nothin but bad on that.. the only DECENT thing ive heard on that was from reptillikus on makin it easier to work on the undercarriage parts! my advice is to go with the 8" skyjacker, and see what you could work out then :thumbup

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,652 Posts
I would avoid the 8" susp lift, i think it puts too much of an angle on the steering arms, and will cause insane bump steer. But thats just my opinion.
I have been running the 6+3 combo for a little over a year now, and dont really have any complaints. I did get my exhaust re-routed higher, and am building bumpers to deal with the low-hanging-bumper issue.

the body lift makes it alot easier to work under the truck though!

I keep tellin myself im gonna remove it, but after the trails i ran this summer, having that extra 3" really saved the bottom of my fenders and rockerpanels. So i guess for now it stays in:toothless

·
Registered
34 Posts
No problems with my 3" body lift.:beer

K

·
0 Posts
this is probably a dumb question, and from the people subscribed to this thread, i KNOW im going to get shit for it.... but if you have add-a-leafs in the rear, can you also do a shackle-flip, or is it just one or another? thanks.............

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
you could do it fine as far as i know. but the shackle flip can net you any where from 3.5-5.5" of lift, depending on how you do it. also, the add-a-leaf is going to make your rear end stiffer and it won't flex as well. with the shackle flip, you get to keep your factory leaves and their great ride and flex. IMO you would just be fine with a shackle flip

K

·
0 Posts
ok...
see my plan is that im getting the 4" lift soon (since i have to WAIT to get the tires, and 6" would just be too ugly with 32's!), and then in the future, after gears and all, im lookin at the spacers for the front, and maybe a shackle flip in the front (since im not into body lifts, and dont want a new suspension overall)
just lettin ya know, thanks - kenny

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
KENNY said:
maybe a shackle flip in the front
i hope you meant rear.....

here is my advice and others will repeat the same thing:
6" and 32s will not be unbearable, especially if you are going to be getting new tires soon. then you could get 35s, as they aren't a whole lot more than 33s. yes you will notice a difference with the stock gears, but you said you will be sticking to the street, so it won't be as bad.

another option would be do buy a Dick Cepek 4" kit and 35s, as the brackets are drilled with 2 holes; one for 4" lift, one for 6." that way, should you decide you want bigger down the road, all you need is new springs and shocks (and by that time, the shitty shocks that come with the lift will probably be worn out anyway).

whatever you do, i would do a shackle flip in the rear. there are several methods that have been posted on this site, but you will get about 3.5-5" of lift.

your best bet is to wait a little while longer, do a lot more research as to what kit comes with what, what tire you want to end up running, etc....

its called delayed gratification and it really is worth it. trust me

:beer

K

·
0 Posts
thats what im doing... until i can save up for the lift, i am DECIDING! look at all ym damn posts on diff. subjects! well, thanks for your help, and i DID mean back, my bad... as for the cepek, arent those kinda pricey? im steerin more towards skyjacker or somethin!

K

·
0 Posts
ahh, but forthat 70 dollar difference, i can get the skyjacker 6" for $20 less... oh well, elps me in my decision making anyways! thanks a lot andy, your always helpful :thumbup

oh, and your 2nd link aint worth a sheize!

K

·
0 Posts
i meant it said that the search souldnt be performed or whatever! oh well, you tried... i think 4wp has them for like 520?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts