Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm testing out some combo packages. When purchased together you are able to save on shipping and reduce the price of the items. What I've got right now is Ford 8.8's in three different ratios. The gears are motive and the bearings are timken. Both are new in the box. Let me know if you think any other ratios or ring gear sizes would be beneficial to the board. We have Motive Performance for MOST application @ no additional charge.

Ford 8.8 With Master kit-

3.31 ratio - 255.15 + shipping (UPS ground)
3.55 ratio - 232.60 + shipping
4.10 ratio - 253.30 + shipping
4.56 ratio - 253.30 + shipping

3.73 is backordered right now.

Don't forget, the drive shafts are still here and popular! For the quickest response e-mail me @ [email protected].

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Let me know if you think any other ratios or ring gear sizes would be beneficial to the board.
Definitely 4.88's. I'd say there's a pretty even split of people with 35's running 4.56's and 4.88's.

Most of the guys with E4ODs and AODs go with the 4.88's, because they have the low OD ratio, and the guys with the C6's tend to stay closer to 4.56's and 4.10's. (Speaking of the guys who still DD or drive to the trails with their rigs)

Also, maybe consider offering a full package for the TTB and 8.8? Gears for both axles, bearings, and install kits. Maaaaaybe even the 9", but it seems a lot less popular.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The main ratios you will get buyers from here will be 4.11, 4.56 and 4.88.

I'd be interested in a combo kit. D44 and 8.8 with install kits in the 4.88 variety.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main ratios you will get buyers from here will be 4.11, 4.56 and 4.88.

I'd be interested in a combo kit. D44 and 8.8 with install kits in the 4.88 variety.
That should not be a problem. When I'm back in the office Monday I'll run some quotes. The 4.88's SHOULD be the same cost as the 4.56's but I'm going to have to check pricing before I'm held to that. I can get the 9" stuff but we don't stock it since there isn't enough demand for it. It's hard to tie up too much money in inventory that doesn't move so we have to be smart about what we stock. I just sold some Motive 4.88's to a local axle guy here for a 2007 JK Wrangler and he said they were as quiet as could be and his customer was real happy with them. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I am interested in pricing for 4.88 kit for 8.8 ttb. I am sure others will be intersted as well.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,826 Posts
I think you should throw in a package deal for the 8.8 and the D44 ttb (in any gear ratio) with both master install kits. I will be looking for gears soon, so if you have a good deal on those, I will keep you in consideration.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got it, I'll look into it tomorrow. I did check on the 4.88's they will be roughly 20 or so more. I'm working on getting MY cost down so I can get your cost down as well.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Official pricing on 8.8 4.88's

245.75 for master kit and gears.

I'm also looking into 5.14, 5.71, and 6.14 ratios.

Also if there IS a request for 9" I'll price that out as well..

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,826 Posts
Just checking in again, do you have a ttb D44 and 8.8 with master install kit package ready. I will be ready to order 4.56 gears within the next two weeks. If not yet, how long till you will be ready and what is the expected pricing?

Also, IMO 5.71 and 6.14 gear ratios for a 8.8 are way too much. I have never heard of anybody on here going that low of a gear in the 8.8. It would mean they are running ridiculously big tires and people usually swap axles before they go that big.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just checking in again, do you have a ttb D44 and 8.8 with master install kit package ready. I will be ready to order 4.56 gears within the next two weeks. If not yet, how long till you will be ready and what is the expected pricing?

Also, IMO 5.71 and 6.14 gear ratios for a 8.8 are way too much. I have never heard of anybody on here going that low of a gear in the 8.8. It would mean they are running ridiculously big tires and people usually swap axles before they go that big.
I've been doing some research on the TTB's and I'm trying to find out what would have to be different? Dana 44's as most of you know already are a pain to deal with but unavoidable..:) Anyone want to help me on this one? This way I know I can get you the right stuff..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I take it you can get gears for most axles.... Can i get a quote on 4.56 gears and master installs for dana 60 front, and dana 60 rear.. thanks( id rather give the money to someone who supports this site, then anyone else....):thumbup

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you give me the year that the Dana 60's are from? And are they Ford D60's or swapped out of somthing else? I appreciate it and nice evo..;)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
thanks! The front dana 60 is from an 88 F350, and the rear from and late 70's pickup... F250 i think....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These are all Motive. I've got some OEM 3.31's..but everything else is Motive. As for the Dana 44's I need a tag # or bill of materials # from anyone who needs D44's. There are too many options and a lot of you guys have swaps done which will only lead to errors. Atleast w/ a BOM # I can get the right stuff out the first time.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
wouldn't there be a problem with the TTB needing a new carrier for most regears?
IIRC, the carrier break is at 3.92. SO yes, for most regears, a new carrier is needed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts