Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forged Off Road, LLC
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this habit of starting on projects and giving up. I started a bearing/seal swap on my 9" a while back and never finished. At the same time I was swapping the heater hoses and snapped the fitting clean off the block. That was probably five months ago.

I finally got back to it this past weekend.

The 9" housing on one side seems a bit loose for the race, so I used some red Loctite, as recommended, and will hope it holds up. If it doesn't, I was looking at replacing the housing anyway and I'm only out an hour of my time beyond what would have been needed anyway.

Monday night I drilled/tapped the block to take a new heater hose fitting and finished it up today with new hoses and a new heater valve. The drill/tap job came out looking super clean, which is weird because I'm well known to fawk up on things like that.

Just need to pick up a new thermostat housing gasket (RTV never seems to seal for me on the housing) and I'll be done.

We have a big trail ride on the 17th called the Sweetheart Run, so I'm anxious to have it ready for the trails so this new girl I've been somewhat seeing can drive it. Hell- I haven't even driven it offroad and I'm giving her the keys.
:twak
Should be a good time.

Tuesday it goes in for some welding of spider gears on the D44, then the next project will be to get the 34x9.50s mounted up.

·
Registered
712 Posts
funny, I got ambitious on my truck again too - bled the master cylinder, tweaked the carb, checked on the rear axle blocks, even painted the gray areas of teh hood and also the headliner. Also somehow magically fixed my front right blinker/marker, so now both circuits work like they're supposed to. Steering wheel got re-clocked again 2nd time, tomorrow will be the last adjustment if it needs it. And hopefully soon I'll be able to do my through the bed 3" exhaust stack, no deadline on that tho.

Good that the Bronco is coming along nice. That heater valve, what is it, I'm pretty sure I ain'yt got none - what does it do, block off hater core til coolant is nice and warm?

·
Forged Off Road, LLC
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... I'm looking forward to this. We'll see how the progress goes. I'll probably spend my afternoons this week doing the plugs, wires, etc.
If I decide to keep it I'll be looking for new mufflers and a good cam. It's WAY too loud and I want a cam that'll give it some more low end grunt.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I hear you on the exhaust, I loved my Flowmaster 40s but way too loud for regular driving - Super Turbos and stacks on the Chevy made for a beautiful sound, I'll be going for the same thing with this one now, but with a single 3" stack. I actually sold my 40s on Sunday, replaced them with a Cherry Bomb di-so muffler, two 2.5" in and single 3" out, sounds nice and quiet while still powerful. Still gotta find a 3" 90-deg bent and cut the bed for the vertical pipe tho.

·
Forged Off Road, LLC
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Summit has mandrel-bent sections of exhaust. I'm sure they have 3" and you could order a 90* bend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts