Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I was using cars.com to do comparisons, but something is wrong with their site the last couple days, no worky with car compares.

What does everyone use? I'm needing a site that will show price, fine, but I want to see motor, power specs, MPG, interior/exterior dimensions, weight, fuel tank size, luggage capacity, the works. sometimes I will compare new cars with used, and sometimes to my Pontiac Solstice Coupe. The last site I was working on, I got to the Pontiac and found I could not even input the vehicle, Pontiac is not listed.:banghead

·
Registered
383 Posts
I use MSN car compare. I think you can compare 5 vehicles at a time. Used to only be 3. Some things are loaded, such as fuel tank capacities, or some optional engine specs... but it'll do just about what you're wanting.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use MSN car compare. I think you can compare 5 vehicles at a time. Used to only be 3. Some things are loaded, such as fuel tank capacities, or some optional engine specs... but it'll do just about what you're wanting.

Do you have a link, I'm having trouble finding the MSN spot where you can actually do this?

·
Registered
383 Posts
It seems it changed DRASTICALLY in OCT14 as per Jalopnik, but I've figured out the new way to do it.

Go Here

Scroll down to "reviews" were there is a "choose a category " area with various auto types. Pick one that best suits the car you're wanting to check out. There will be indexed criteria on how to find whatever it is you're looking for. Once you've found the car, that car's window will have a box on the right side that you can check that's "add to compare." That'll bring you to the comparision, erm, "page." You can add your next vehicle there for side-by-side comparision. Here is where you can toggle what trim the car is. If you try to do it before you click compare, it will only bring up THAT car's info... and I can't find a way to go to the compare "page" from there.

It used to be MUCH MUCH simpler... guess someone was having a bad day in the marketing department when they came up with the concept.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately this one seems to be using the same programming.....it only lists current makes. Pontiac, Saturn, no listing since these makes are not around any more.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm good anyway. Messing around with Cars.com it appears it's just fine. The issue is actually due to a new vehicle I was entering. That specific vehicle is what was making the comparison barf on itself and create an error message. Removed that vehicle and it works like it always does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts