1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item name:
Price:
Description:
.Long story so short version - I started a d44 sas and ended up with a D60 sas -
So selling the D44 - completely rebuilt by Papola Performance / Extream Performance in Santa Rosa Ca. - every thing new ARB, 5:38, used install kit allnew bearings, seals, balljoints, U joints, Warn premium hub kit, new rotors, converted to 8 lug, still have old lug hubs if you want to convert back - this is ready to go just need calapers. Also I will include the original steering Rod & drag & track bars etc. you get everything I have -

Price - I just want to be fair, not here to make anything just price out all the parts..and give me an offer ... I just do not need to keep a spare axle

The number stamped in the axle housing is C 35832 - see pic below

[EMAIL="
"

[EMAIL="
"

[EMAIL="
"
Location (City):
ZIP CODE (for shipping calculations):
Will you Ship? (Y/N):
Method of shipment (UPS, FedEx, etc):
Payment method (PayPal, check, MO, etc):
Other info:

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Woody, in the other SAS thread where you mention this axle you said it was a '78, when in actuality I believe this one is a 76-77 (no cast outer wedges).

Also to my knowledge the C.......is meaningless. The BOM would have been stamped on the passenger tube near the diff.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
5.38s jeez what were you planning with this thing?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woody, in the other SAS thread where you mention this axle you said it was a '78, when in actuality I believe this one is a 76-77 (no cast outer wedges).

Also to my knowledge the C.......is meaningless. The BOM would have been stamped on the passenger tube near the diff.

could be my bad..... :twak

would the number on the axle tell us for sure?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you need to post a price...or it will get deleted.
I am told that I have to post a price
Let's see - I will have to go find my receipt but I believe I have about ....
ARB $600
Gears what are they about 200?
all the seals kit $200
the 8 lus stuff $500
all new outer joints $200
The axle (I think I paid $500)

So the parts are a lot ... so I have about $2,000 in it but give me a reasonable offer after all I really do not need it sitting in my Garage

·
Administrator
22,840 Posts
I am told that I have to post a price
Let's see - I will have to go find my receipt but I believe I have about ....
ARB $600
Gears what are they about 200?
all the seals kit $200
the 8 lus stuff $500
all new outer joints $200
The axle (I think I paid $500)

So the parts are a lot ... so I have about $2,000 in it but give me a reasonable offer after all I really do not need it sitting in my Garage

works for me...at least you wont be getting a crap load of low ball prices...

·
Trying to finish it
1,355 Posts
I live about 3.5 hours north ever heard of kent? or akron live near that region

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live about 3.5 hours north ever heard of kent? or akron live near that region
of course I was around during the kent shooting, remember Neil Young four dead in Ohio - song, had a roommat and some reletives in Acron , used to do a lot of hunting on St Mary's lake & my best friend's parents had/still have a house on Indian lake..... - I went to Ohio U for two years then transferred to U C Santa Barbara ( took 10 years to get my bachelors degree at UCSB, why rush a good thing)

Oh well Mom & sister still lives in Dayton so I may visit again someday - Mom said it snowed 12+ inches last weekend ......... it's 70+ here in Novato Ca....

:beer

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
could be my bad..... :twak

would the number on the axle tell us for sure?
yes it would, but it really doesn't matter, as long as it does not have the cast outer wedges, it's not a 78-79, which makes it a 76-77.

You can measure the tube OD, 76-77 should be about 2.75" (but has nice thick walls) whereas the 78-79 is 3". Also, pretty sure i see your vent hole up top of the diff, and this would be correct for 76-77, whereas 78-79 the vent is move over and down on the drivers side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts