Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the coverlay products they make for dashes but because our interior is completely stripped down I wondered what the options were for a new dash or dash in better condition than ours and the tan color we are switching to. Is a JY the best option?

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,358 Posts
I have seen the coverlay products they make for dashes but because our interior is completely stripped down I wondered what the options were for a new dash or dash in better condition than ours and the tan color we are switching to. Is a JY the best option?
The junkyard is your only option for a original dash to replace yours. You can use the dash out of a 92-96 F-150 also.

Happy hunting :)

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
I’ll look at the one in my donor truck but don’t get your hopes up.

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll look at the one in my donor truck but don’t get your hopes up.
Thanks, I hear you. Let me know what you find. Sounds like these had a hard time standing up to the UV rays over time.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,994 Posts
Any 92-96 ford pickup or bronco, and 97 f250HD and F350 will bolt right in. Gray seems to fare the worst. Plenty of decent ones in the JY.

·
Registered
787 Posts
There is an issue with these dashboards and cracking / noise, to be expected considering the age and the manner the truck is used. Might be hard finding an intact dash at the JY and they go for some money. I paid $90 just for a perfect dash pad. Mine was so bad that one of the very first things I did when I got this truck was install the repair kit (below). It helped but lately there has been an annoying vibration from the dash and I can see the top bolts on the dashboard have separated from the dash. It's like a circular crack all around the bolt. I believe this is due to all the off roading i do. I am on the fence if I should repair my dash, I was just recently told of plastic welding so I may try that and you may want to look into that as well.

Point of my post is to ask you where you're at? Someone, sort of local to me has a perfect tan dash, but I don't think he will ship.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,994 Posts
He is in Florida, where the sun absolutely bakes all plastic.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Guess I should have looked at your year..... my parts truck is an 85
85722011-8B5F-4CC1-BAFD-0AFBA6F657C9.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is what i did with mine if it cracks or something I’ll cap for 125.00 turned out good i think it will be gray when i go back in with it.
Wasn’t worried about speaker hole as I’m putting in a custom sound system anyhow and thats where all the cracks where coming from
I put extra metal mesh in there for support and a fiberglass filler for strength..
Best of luck

1986 bronco 5.8

·
Registered
142 Posts
JY is your best bet. I was able to find a good one here in Texas where the sun kills dashes. Seems like OBS Chevy dashes hold up much worse than the Bronco's. It'll take you an hour or so to pull one your first time. You can do it w/o a helper.

I suggest installing the metal right side reinforcement if your dash doesn't have it. You can still get it new from Ford or on ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts