Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yea my 8 gallon even has a 5hp motor, well it came with a 3hp peak motor then i fixed that, and oil free pumps suck. theres actually a good hf compressor that is 30gallon and has a good motor on it for not too much money

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oil free pumps suck.
Why is that?

yea my 8 gallon even has a 5hp motor, well it came with a 3hp peak motor then i fixed that, and oil free pumps suck. theres actually a good hf compressor that is 30gallon and has a good motor on it for not too much money
Which one are you talking about?

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Why is that?

Which one are you talking about?

They are loud..and don't last as long...look into an OILED compressor if you want a 60 gal shop type..if you just need a SMALL air compressor and don't have alot of room, you can find better compressors out there

capacity is your friend..get the biggest you can afford/fit in your space

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are loud..and don't last as long...look into an OILED compressor if you want a 60 gal shop type..if you just need a SMALL air compressor and don't have alot of room, you can find better compressors out there

capacity is your friend..get the biggest you can afford/fit in your space
I would like a 60 gallon one but most of them are 220v which i do not have out to my garage yet...and i wont have it out there till spring...maybe ill just hold off till spring...

What about this one?
It says it only has a 3hp motor though...but at 90psi its 11.4CFM...is that because its 230v?

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I would like a 60 gallon one but most of them are 220v which i do not have out to my garage yet...and i wont have it out there till spring...maybe ill just hold off till spring...

What about this one?
It says it only has a 3hp motor though...but at 90psi its 11.4CFM...is that because its 230v?
Check out this one from Lowes. The specs on it are very similar to the HF compressor you linked to, and it's $100 cheaper. I bought this one a few weeks ago and so far I like it a lot. It's quieter than the older Craftsman one I was using, and it can actually bang air faster than my impact can use it, which is a nice change from my old compressor.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out this one from Lowes. The specs on it are very similar to the HF compressor you linked to, and it's $100 cheaper. I bought this one a few weeks ago and so far I like it a lot. It's quieter than the older Craftsman one I was using, and it can actually bang air faster than my impact can use it, which is a nice change from my old compressor.
Nice...Ill have to see if thats still around when i got to buy it now...(gotta run new power to the garage...ground is frozen...:banghead)

Any one else got any thing to add?

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 14 of 14 Posts