Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Computer connector stuck

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  slawson2000 
#1 ·
I'm trying to take the computer out of my 91 and I've removed the kick panel, the bracket holding the computer and the bolt on the connector and the connector will not come out of the computer is there anything I'm missing or I should do differently?

#5 ·
Yo Hayes,
EEC IV (PCM) Removal up to & include 87- 91 COMPENDIUM "...Remove driver's inside kick panel adjacent to pedals. It comes out through cabin." by Seattle FSB; "Should be one small metal screw holding it. Just slide it out, but be careful w/ gasket for firewall. Don't mess it up, you can reuse it." by Darth_ted_82 H "To remove it first disconnect battery & get use 10 mm socket to unbolt the wiring harness "connector from inside the engine bay. Then pull plastic kick panel from inside cab & remove the retainer clip Remove it by lifting rear slightly & wiggling it out of the "pocket" ... the firewall rubber gasket will have a pretty good grip on the connector so it will take some persuasion to free. " "You have to unplug it under the hood very low on the fire wall (10 mm socket)."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.