Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thought I'd throw this one out at ya.. I bought a Chiltons and it doesn't really say anything about these..

KOEO gave me a 111
But with the Contiunous memory codes I got the following.

327 - EVP/EPT circuit below minimum voltage
332 - Insufficient EGR Flow Detected

Since I have no clue about the EGR system on EFI Trucks. Do I just need to replace the EGR Solenoid? Or is there somthing else that would cause the low voltage Code?

Thanks.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Bronco85 said:
3.) Gremlin. Cause he's cool and don't take shit from anyone.. Oh ya and knows more about EFI then does the "EFI guru" and doesn't brag about it.
So thats my team :)
Thought you had smarter friends than us :cry :goodfinge

Continuous Memory 327 EVP circuit below minimum voltage of 0.24 volts, indicates that the EGR valve was closed further than normal.
Continuous Memory 332 EGR valve opening not detected, indicates that the EGR valve did not open when the EVR solenoid was opened by the computer sometime during vehicle operation.

Possible causes:
-- Poor continuity in EVP harness or connectors.
-- Open or short in EVP sensor or harness.
-- Damaged EVP sensor.
-- Obstructed or cracked vacuum hose.

my #1 guess is the EVP sensor, but check the wiring / connectors. the fact that the sensor gave a extremly low reading, meant it told the computer the EGR was closed lower than possible. So something in / at that sensor is fubar. :beer :drinkbud

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ryan. I figured it was the EVP. not the EGR because of the low voltage Code. So I'll change that out tommarow erase the computer and go for a spin.

the engine light always comes on when I get on the highway every morning. And usually stays on.

Oh Gremlin is bad ass. But he's been really busy redoing his late moms house that he just moved into..

Thanks..

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Don't start replacing stuff untill you know it's faulty.

Test the EVP sensor: http://fordfuelinjection.com/egrvp.html

Test the EGR vacuum solenoid

Apply vacuum to the bottom port, it should hold a vacuum.
I should not leak to the top port! that would open the EGR

While you got vacuum holding on the bottom port energize the solenoid. How you may ask? Ground the left pin and +12 to the right pin. Vacuum should escape out the top port. (right and left as sen in the pic)

The soleniod should also have 20-50 ohms resistance between the pins. But I assume that will pass cause you don't have a code 84/558

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
replaced the EVP sensor. Drove around for about 15 mins.. Got up to 80 and the check engine light didn't come on. Got home pulled the codes and got 111 across the board. Looks like I'm good to go. Seems to have even stopped the miss I had...

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
check and clean out the EGR tube first... they are known to clogup at times... it's about 30 mins to do, and doesn't cost any money to check... it happened on my Mustang... drove me nuts for a couple days... if that doesn't help... refer to Fireguy's post... :toothless oh yeah, I got those very same codes on my Mustang once... it was the EGR tube the runs off the header... :shrug

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, thought I'd throw this one out at ya.. I bought a Chiltons and it doesn't really say anything about these..

KOEO gave me a 111
But with the Contiunous memory codes I got the following.

327 - EVP/EPT circuit below minimum voltage
332 - Insufficient EGR Flow Detected

Since I have no clue about the EGR system on EFI Trucks. Do I just need to replace the EGR Solenoid? Or is there somthing else that would cause the low voltage Code?

Thanks.
I had same 332 code on my 94 Mustang and replaced the egr valve and egr sensor.Had some valve adjustment and ford technician found out egr tube was broken in the middle of the tube ,but you cant see it because it has a cover around the tube.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Jesus, thread from the dead. :rofl: And what the heck does this have anything to do with a Mustang?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts