Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. I bought my wife a PDA last year to see get rid of her gigantic book of shit she carried around. It lost all the info and since it was out of warranty and the cost to fix it would be almost what I paid for itI bought her a better one. Here's the problem while installing the new software it lost all the saved data. Is there a way to recover it?

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it, apparently I saved my wife's name in lower case as a new user, and it was originally saved with a capital T. :brownbag

Thanks for trying to help Dan. :thumbup

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
damn, and i was just gettin' ready to say, "check your T's and cases"

:toothless

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
PocketPC or PalmOS? There both PDAs, but two different animals. Post back, I may have some advice to help in the future.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Im pretty sure theres an option or feature in the Palm software to back up the data on your PDA, that is to a directory or something, where you can burn that to CD ROM and then restore it later in the event of a loss of data on the PC or the PDA or both. Id do a backup to a directory weekly, and burn a CD monthly. There may be more infomation on the web, back when I was really into PDAs, there were several GOOD sites, google them up! I still use 1, but not to the extent that I used to.

Cheers,
Andrew

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Andrew, I'll dig into it when I get home. We already had the back up "discussion" . :box0715:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts