Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant get my 88 bronco to start teh fuel pump wasnt coming on so i jumper wired it so it would come on when the key is on and i have fuel pressure at the rail and fire and it still wont start a guy put a snap on scanner on it and it wouldnt communicate so he said it was the computer does that sound right to ya'll and another thing i tried to get a computer and i cant seem to find the right one #E9TF-12A650-Al2A thanks in advance for any help

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Right next to the FP relay. On the drivers side wheelwell behind the airbox. You can check out fordfuelinjection.com to see how to pull codes and for a list of codes and their meanings. You can also look at my Supermotors page to see where to hook up the paper clip to pull codes yourself.

·
Banned
18,967 Posts
Then the power relay is probably stuck on. Refer back to my first post in this thread.

The only other way for that to happen is if the EEC is internally shorted from the KAPWR circuit to the normal power circuit, which I think is unlikely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if it is the eec since none of the parts stores can get one that is the same number on the factory computer does anyone know which computers i can use or ones that interchange

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Steve83 said:
Then the power relay is probably stuck on. Refer back to my first post in this thread
What part of this did you miss? Try the relay first, and if that doesn't work then worry bout the puter.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
79f250 said:
if it is the eec since none of the parts stores can get one that is the same number on the factory computer does anyone know which computers i can use or ones that interchange
Im sure its happened but I cannot recall one specific instance on this board of anyone who has had a bad EEC. You are probably not special :histerica :goodfinge

I HAVE however, heard of many people who think their EEC is bad, replace it, and dont fix the problem. Dont be that guy

-Will

·
Banned
18,967 Posts
Seems like a couple of people claimed that a new EEC fixed something. :scratchhe Maybe it was a fuel pump that ran for 15 minutes after key-on, and the truck wouldn't start until the pump cut off. :shrug

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you do end up needing the ECM don't worry about the actual Ford p/n. There are many different p/n's for the same thing when it comes to ECM's. The JY and part store guys will try and tell you different but if you have a 302/AOD combo then all you need is another 302/AOD(orC-6 or manual, anything but E4OD) from another speed density Bronco or truck. I've also been told that the e4od ecm can be used in a non-e4od truck, you'll just have a few stored codes.
But as was already said, don't even look for an ecm yet. Change out them relays before going any farther. I don't care what the parts guy or mechanic said I guarantee this problem has been seen more here(collectively) than by the guy that said it's probably the ecm. Remember this is a Bronco board.

·
Registered
309 Posts
No false claims here, the EEC did fix my problem.

I am in agreement however, that EEC's rarely go bad. I do recommend that you take the advice given on replacing the relays first. I would also check for a wiring fault.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts