Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '90 XLT runs okay when cold.When it warms up it runs like $#%^ .ran the codes and everything points to needing a new computer.Mine is an FOTF-PC.Of course there is none to be had anywhere,so far.So now driving my E.Bauer BroncoII,good gas mileage,so what.HELP I want to drive my BIG BRONCO.Any suggestions.Why would it run like crap after warming up.Bogs,changes gears up and down,could it be anything else besides the computer.it appears to have gotten wet.i have been known to take the truck swimming.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Could be a lot of things besides the ECM. Most like it is NOT the ECM. What codes did you get? ECT sensor could cause it, TFI module could cause it, any number of things. Did you try the trouble shooting guide in the Haynes manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EMU-FOTP PC was fine

After buy g a new EMU and replacing it, the problem remained. Turns out the dist shaft had gotten off 10 degrees and somehow welded itself in that position. A pipe wrench to break it loose and new dist. the truck runs great again. Once again timing proves to be everything.
Happily to be on the road again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts