Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
F.O.T.Y. 2003
Joined
·
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to format my computer and start over...since my son is now banned from my computer, I would clike to clean it out and start over....

I have the startup disks that came with it, is that all that I need?

I figure I can put all my quicken files onto a floppy, can I save my internet favorites?

Am I looking for trouble here?
 

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
i need to do this also. i have about 1.73 gigs of stuff i need to save. i have tried 4.7 gig cd's, but it says there isnt a cd present, any other way to do this

wes
 

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
Joined
·
8,741 Posts
Crazed:
Im assuming you have a pre-built computer? If so, then yeah, all you really need are your startup disks. There is almost always a cd with 'em, too.
Internet favorites (from Internet Explorer, i presume?) are pretty easy to save, but i need to know what OS youre running so i can tell ya where to look for em.


Wes:
4.7gb cds? Are you sure those are cd-roms? Sounds more like a Jazz disk or a dvd-rom to me.:shrug
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,549 Posts
just remember all your email addresses will be gone as well.

all your programs.

all of your documents.

all of your pictures.

all of your currently saved emails.

all of everything unless you back these all up.



everything will need to be reinstalled.
 

·
In The Matrix
Joined
·
1,896 Posts
If your running ineternet explorer, go to file, Import Export. here you can export your favorites to a floppy. Then import them after teh format.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
is it that bad where you need to start over? what about fragmenting the C drive? Are you using windows 95, 98, 2000 home edition shit or you want to use XP? i think you can save your favorites to floppy as long as you have the startup disk i think your alright.
 

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
If you have a burner, put everything (files, images, documents, etc) on a cd.

And as Jopes said:
just remember all your email addresses will be gone as well.

all your programs.

all of your documents.

all of your pictures.

all of your currently saved emails.

all of everything unless you back these all up.



everything will need to be reinstalled.

What I always do, after I reformatt, is go into the BIOS and set it to boot up to the CD-ROM. Then reboot the PC with my windows CD in and it will start loading the OS.
 

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
yes i was talking about dvd-roms becuase i do have a dvd burner. does anyone know what i can do to get my files onto a cd for backup purposes?

wes
 

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
WES said:
yes i was talking about dvd-roms becuase i do have a dvd burner. does anyone know what i can do to get my files onto a cd for backup purposes?

wes
If you are talking about images, documents and such then you should have a CD Burning software that can either make a "DATA" CD or you can cut/paste to a CD in the burner.
 

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
well i have 1.73 gigs of stuff and i have tried everything to get it to burn onto the larger cd, it would take a few of the smaller ones, but is it worth that?

wes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,549 Posts
make it just fit on regular CD'rs Chop it up to fit. should not take more than 3 disc's
 

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Joined
·
37,118 Posts
Great advice going on here... I'll keep movin'!;)
 

·
F.O.T.Y. 2003
Joined
·
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
reptillikus said:
Crazed:
Im assuming you have a pre-built computer? If so, then yeah, all you really need are your startup disks. There is almost always a cd with 'em, too.
Internet favorites (from Internet Explorer, i presume?) are pretty easy to save, but i need to know what OS youre running so i can tell ya where to look for em.

Sorry it took a while to get back to ya..

It is a pre fabbed Sony computer..
1.7 P4, 512 ram, 80 gig Hd
XP

Took me a while to get the pics backed up..the inly one I am really having problems with is my ADDY book from outlook express
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top