Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a problem with this computer again. every 10 or 15 minutes i get a window that says shutting system down, and it is initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM anyone know what this is?

wes

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it also says that the Remote Procedure Call service was terminated unexpectadly causing the shutdown initiation, thanks for any help

wes

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that window closes itself so fast i cant see, any other ideas?

wes

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i am, i am now firewalled, but i am still on a network. what gives?

wes

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i may have solved it, we will see. i went and removed everything from the shared list, maybe that will fix it.

wes

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
OK I just got an e-mail that a lot of people are having this problem. If you can do it before it restarts, get the microsoft windows update, and reboot. Should fix the problem.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i try running windows updates off their sites and it closes the window and then has another small window that says access is denied! what gives?

wes

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
WES said:
i try running windows updates off their sites and it closes the window and then has another small window that says access is denied! what gives?

wes
You need to get rid of the blaster first or you will never get it to run.

Find the MSBLAST.EXE file and rename it to MSBLAST.OLD. Then reboot. The registry key won't find the exe file so it won't load. Then you can delete the file.

Then run the updates for the blaster.

If you feel comfortable with editing your registry then you can go to the key which tries to load the program and delete it. If not then find someone around you that does.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
WES said:
yes i am, i am now firewalled, but i am still on a network. what gives?

wes
There are other pc's on your network that are Unpatched. Since you are all behind the firewall everyone is fair game.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, i am pretty sure i dont have msblast. the previous thing is now gone after i changed my network security settings. i think what is causing my comp to shut down now is a cooling issue, it gets really really hot and shuts down, i let it cool, start it again and when it gets hot it shuts down, takin it to comp usa under warranty today

wes

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
WES said:
ok, i am pretty sure i dont have msblast. the previous thing is now gone after i changed my network security settings. i think what is causing my comp to shut down now is a cooling issue, it gets really really hot and shuts down, i let it cool, start it again and when it gets hot it shuts down, takin it to comp usa under warranty today

wes
Not trying to say that is not the problem. Could be one but RPC errors are not heat initiated.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,689 Posts
I'm with MDA... the errors your reported are DEFINATLY the MSBLAST errors. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts