Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 94 bronco , I did a 393 stroker but the truck needs to be tuned and not sure what to do ... can I have a chip burned for the obd1 , do i have to do an obd2 conversion, is there an aftermarket computer I can get , or is there a tuner I can plug in ?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,960 Posts
If you're looking for flexibility, you'll want to get either a Tweecer or a Moats quarterhorse. If you don't have OBDII, your EEC will need to have a J3 port on it..for example an A9L from a Mustang (if you have a manual tranny), or I'm running a WAY1 EEC (auto E4OD tranny compatible) that's been tuned with a Tweecer.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're looking for flexibility, you'll want to get either a Tweecer or a Moats quarterhorse. If you don't have OBDII, your EEC will need to have a J3 port on it..for example an A9L from a Mustang (if you have a manual tranny), or I'm running a WAY1 EEC (auto E4OD tranny compatible) that's been tuned with a Tweecer.
Where can I go about getting a way1 eec? And does it have a j3 port.... I have an obd1 with an e40d auto trans... or would my stock computer be capable of adding the moats quarterhorse chip? I dont know much about the computers or tuning...

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,960 Posts
Where can I go about getting a way1 eec? And does it have a j3 port.... I have an obd1 with an e40d auto trans... or would my stock computer be capable of adding the moats quarterhorse chip? I dont know much about the computers or tuning...
You could check around on Fleabay, but you're probably better off buying from a company like autocomputerexchange. The WAY1 EEC is for OBDI, it was found behind MAF 5.0 rigs with the E40D and yes it has the J3 port. That's where the Tweecer or quarterhorse will connect. There may be some speed density EEC's that can be tuned,I'm not sure which ones they are, so if you're considering doing this, I'd strongly recommend converting to MAF. You get a lot more flexibility that way and will be able to adjust the tune for future mods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could check around on Fleabay, but you're probably better off buying from a company like autocomputerexchange. The WAY1 EEC is for OBDI, it was found behind MAF 5.0 rigs with the E40D and yes it has the J3 port. That's where the Tweecer or quarterhorse will connect. There may be some speed density EEC's that can be tuned,I'm not sure which ones they are, so if you're considering doing this, I'd strongly recommend converting to MAF. You get a lot more flexibility that way and will be able to adjust the tune for future mods.

Thank you for this info..very helpful and I'm going to look into this...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another option is to get a mustang a9l/a9s computer designed for a manual and get a stand alone transmission controller for the e4od.
Probably not the cheapest option but gives loads of tuning support and really nice control over the transmission with a stand alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts