Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the search thing and havent come up with anything definitive. My ac on my 91 works sometimes, then sometimes it doesnt. I have an idea that this may be due to the condensation not draining off the evaporator, every other ford i have owned, 98 expy, 94 f150, all would gather a puddle under them from the ac, this one does not. does anyone know if i'm on the right track here, and where specifically the drain is located? Thanks for all your help

sully

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
My guess would be overcharged or undercharged. Or a possable blockage in the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is power, and i can hear the compressor cycling as normal. I did however replace the low pressure switch last weekend, did not make a difference. The 80psi, should that be at idle or engine off?

·
Registered
205 Posts
with the a/c on max and the fan speed on high you should have readings that follow a temp/pressure relationship chart depending on if you still have R12 or have converted to R134. if you have your ac on high and its warm outside your compressor should not be cycling on and off. the clutch should stay engaged.

good temp/pressure relationship chart:
http://www.ackits.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Chart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts