Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I was replacing the main light switch today. I found this plugged conector and was wondering what it is, it was tucked away near the light switch and comes of the same harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems to be made to be bolted on to something, just can't figure out where and why? :unsure:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Looking at the wires is likely is not stock and maybe not done right?? I’d have to see what’s under all the tape.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Are there any numbers stamped on it?
Maybe a few more pictures at different sides.

·
--------------
4,004 Posts
What year is your rig?

Looking through my 96' Bronco Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM)
I was able to find a diagram showing that "Extra" connector but NO description / numbers for that specific assembly.

that requested pic "might" help along with the wire colors associated w/ the connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ill get more pictures tomorrow. I do have the window switch and the conector on this one is different. There is a part number on the back of the black piece. Its a bit faded but it seems to be f2tb l5046A34 AA
The fifth digit might be a 1 an L or an i.
The harness looks factory and has ford stickers on it, it goes to the light switch, rear window switch and this mistery item. It all has individual wyres coming from the same harness.
I replaced a fried light switch with new conector and a fried window switch connector. Thats why it has red tape over the soldered wyres. Im keeping my repairs red to distinguish from any done before, though I havent seen any, all seems to be stock but in bad shape

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update!
It is a fuel tank selector delete piece, probably the same wire harness is used and its easier just to tap it of for the bronco
Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sweet glad you got it figured out. For wiring I started using these

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
That explains the shape! The fuel tank switch goes in the same spot as our rear window switch. I'm surprised they used something that bulky, though. I'd of expected a little blanking plug the size of the connector itself, like the SPOUT plug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts