Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I feel like it is inevitable. The conservatives will win the election on monday. What I would like to ask is:

#1- Conservative majority or minority?

#2- Will Peter Mackay be Deputy PM, or will that post be filled by a Quebecer?

#3- How long before the Liberal knives are drawn on Paul Martin?

#4- Who will be in the Liberal leadership race?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Yeah, poor Paul...regarding #3, I think he thinks he means well, so for that I feel bad for the guy plus the fact he had to deal with what Cretin left behind for him eg the sponsership scandal.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
The race ain't decided at all yet Matt

so don't go jinxing it !

I cannot believe Ontario is going to vote PC, they are just too NIMBY and urban now. The Liberals have been busy, over the last many years, re-drawing the rural ridings to carve up and redistribute Ontario Conservative strongholds and it's been working.

I was speechless when Martin was quoted in the papers yesterday "that he feared Harper would load the courts with PC judges". Even the leftist Ottawa Citizen noted in the article that there will only be one upcoming opening 11 years from now !

Imagine a Liberal, after their party actually stacked the courts for 30 years, worried about the possibility of one possible judgeship not being Liberal !?!??!?

On a lighter note Peter Mackay will be discovered, in a scandel tied up in S&M garb in Belinda's hotel room and censured from cabinet, forever to be a backbencher.

Heaven help this nation if we have one more minority government. That puts whichever ruling party in the hat in hand position of having to spend WAY more to buy the NDP vote.

For anyone who doesn't remember 1973, that was the year Trudeau opened the spending pepcocks to buy the NDPs votes for that term.

That particular term took us from mildy in debt to horrendously, irreversibly tumbling into the debt we now only service the interest on.

A minority government is like voting for one thing and getting something entirely different and horribly worse as far as future debt goes.

If there's one thing that might take my mind of the horror of a minority government, it will be watching and wondering how the new 4th party (Le Bloc) will influence and react to this.

My fingers are crossed but I still see the criminals getting back in. I hope I'm wrong

Sixlitre

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sixlitre said:
On a lighter note Peter Mackay will be discovered, in a scandel tied up in S&M garb in Belinda's hotel room and censured from cabinet, forever to be a backbencher.

Sixlitre
And being tied up in a hotel room by Belinda Stronach would be a bad thing? :shrug :whip :whip :whip

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
MatthewC said:
And being tied up in a hotel room by Belinda Stronach would be a bad thing? :shrug :whip :whip :whip
I dunno Matt

She seems like the type that kills after mating ! Little doe-eyed Peter was probably the first to get away alive, albeit, without his dignity or pride. I'll bet she got her ex-husband's balls in the divorce settlement !

On a more sober note. I will not be dancing in the streets if the PCs win, I will only be thanking heavens the Liberal reign will have come to an end.

Wishful thinking anyway. I believe there are just too many uninformed voters(and most of them live in Ontario) in Canada who just don't care what the Liberals have done. They have the attention span of a flea or they remember and just don't care anyway.

I fear these very people will return Martin and his merry bands of pillagers to a 4th term of corruption, Quebec appeasement and pi$$ poor spending and accounting habits.

I've voted anyway, in an advance polling station, so I've done my part at least. Gonna spend Monday ferrying people over 55 to polling stations. Younger people may well be voting Liberal so they can [email protected]#&ing well walk for all I care.

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
86caprirs said:
I agree...the Liberals are done like a steak that has been grilled on a BBQ at high heat for 10 hours.
Lord I hope you're right

but there's those stupid, fickle unpredictable Ontario voters to worry about. A minority PC government means the liberals will get back in too soon again.

Trudeau masterfully(underhandedly) took out Joe Clark in 80' after months in power. He beat Clark because Clark was going to raise gas by 8 cents a litre.

Within 6 months of consolidating power Trudeau raised it 19 cents and the Canadian public took it up the @$$ with a stupid bewildered grin.

A minority government just means the NDP or Le Bloc are driving and their demands have to be paid for.

Man we're screwed !

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
86caprirs said:
Well we are Canadians and have been told that we are weak minded...Thats what the Americans say about us. I guess we will see what happends but even the Liberals know they are done.
Man I hope you're right 86caprirs

I just see those criminal snakes getting back in and channeling even more money into Quebec.

Sixlitre

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
11:42 pm Atlantic time:

Conservatives: 121

Liberal: 100

:uke: :uke: :uke: :uke:

The next four years should be interesting......

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
MatthewC said:
11:42 pm Atlantic time:

Conservatives: 121

Liberal: 100

:uke: :uke: :uke: :uke:

The next four years should be interesting......
Gawd Matthew I'm puking with you

and it won't be four years I guarantee you. WTF are they going to accomplish as a minority government ? The Liberal owned press and spin doctors will shred any efforts they attempt.

Who the heck are they going to buy votes from ? Wonder what they're are saying in Quebec city tonight ?

What a vote for non-change. Those stupid [email protected]#king urban Ontario sheep !!!!!!!!

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If there is a positive spin to this for Liberals, it is that the Con's are a weak minority government.

This will be a good test to see if they have finally separated themselves from the far right-winged conservative and reform crap that was spewed for the last 8 years. I hope they have reinvented themselves in a classic PC sense, and take the election results as an indication that they should be focusing on the needs and wants of Canadians as a whole, and not what a few individuals think "Conservative" should be (read: US lapdog - no offence to the yanks). On another side note, it was good to see some Con pickups in QC. This should shut the separatists up for a little while longer.

I can deal with this, and am actually looking forward to a little more funding spent on the military.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Well, I may not have voted for him but I sure did like his speech, if he does everything he mentioned in his speech, I'll vote for him next time...oh and if he doesn't automatically spread his arse cheeks open every time Bush enters the room.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mcaldwell said:
This will be a good test to see if they have finally separated themselves from the far right-winged conservative and reform crap that was spewed for the last 8 years. .
He has'nt. I think he realized that he couldnt run this election like his last one. He kept his party members ball-gagged (what is he afraid of them saying), and he ran a very central, moderate campaign. I didnt buy into the press' assertion that Harper had "modified" his views or that he had "grown. He's still the same Stefen Harper, he just learned to keep his mouth shut on right wing values and philosophies.

The good thing about this new government is that BECAUSE it is a weak minority, Harper wont be able to table any of his right wing agendas. Some may say thats because of the Liberal bastards, but I say i'd rather not see him have carte blanch.

I have to take issue with your assertion, Six, about the "Liberal owned press". Im not sure of the papers and news programs that are on air in your neck of the woods, but in my opinion, from what I have noticed throughout the campaign wasa serious case of Conservative bandwagoning. I live in the last bastion of Liberal power, and as the election rolled along I really noticed the newspapers and news TV getting alongside with Harper, and bashing the hell out of the Liberals. Even that douch-bag Craig Oliver and Lloyde Robertson had trouble containing their contempt for the Liberals evidenced by their disrespectful attitude towards Brian Tobin.

Finally, I am glad to see that Paul Martini has decided to step down. We all know that Harper will be kicking Frank Makenna out of the ambassadors office, so that leaves the door open for my boy.

-Matt

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Matthew

I'd agree with you that during the election the press (which I still contend are Liberal owned) did fingerbang the Liberals and suck up to the PCs.

Although it was mildly encouraging to see this, it just shows you what low-life spineless, fickle cowards the press realy are.

I'm with the rest of you, though I dislike a minority government at any time for Canada, at least it has put checks and balances in place for Harpers trial.

If he does well, he'll probably be rewarded with a majority next time(possibly including Waltman's vote), if not people can hit the panic button and bail out. Heaven help the party that dumps him too early for yet another election.

Mcaldwell

That's encouraging about the PC toe holds in Quebec. Depending on what Harper does this could spell the end for the Bloc or he could send voters running back to them.

The two good things that came out of this is the liberals will be dumping Martin(whose chance is over !) and Jack Layton will not be spending a liberal minority government's cash without our approval.

This will be an interesting, possibly costly experiment

Sixlitre

1 - 15 of 15 Posts