Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I searched. What I'm trying to find out is... can you change from bank fire to sequential injection without converting to mass air?
My old '86 mustang had SD but was also sefi. I know that the HO motors had the 351 firing order, but what about other cars? Is it feasible to use the injector harness and computer from a SD non HO vehicle and make it work? Would it even be worth it? I'm driving an '87 FSB 302/AOD.
If this has been discussed please point me in the right direction.
Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
955 Posts
From everything I have read, there is very little benefit to sequential FI. The reason most state is that while it may help at very low idle speeds, once you get into the 2k RPM range or so, the cylinder events are happening so quickly that it is essentially the same as being batch fired. It certainly isn't going to net you any horsepower increase, it may improve low RPM fuel economy and low RPM driving, but aside from that, it is going to be a lot of work for little or no benefit.

If you use a stock ecm, I would guess you are going to have to switch to whatever air metering it uses, or get tweecer and set it up for MAP (I know a similar thing is available for TPI chevys, and you can run the maf ecm with map and a custom burn) Don't forget that you need a crank trigger for SEFI as well. You can get a very expensive dizzy or try to retrofit stock stuff...

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
471 Posts
Old Iron. It would be pretty simple and relativly inexspensive for you to convert to mass air since your trans is not computer controled. you with need a injector harnes a mass air harness and a mass air mustang ecm.
Check out rjmtechnologies.com. (fireguy50 on this forum) he should be able to set you up with everything you need.
also check here this is also fireguy 50's website....www.fordfuelinjection.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts