Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im on my 3rd battery in a month, the truck keeps eating them up and killing them and advance keeps replacing them but wont do another replace just give me my money back, what could be causing this the battery is 420cca and the truck only needs 320 how am i frying them? i bought a new voltage regulator today and im going to see if thats the problem, any ideas?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
420 cold crankinjg amps? I'll be honest with you, I didn't even know they made them that low. I am pretty sure mine is at least double that...we'll see if people start on me about that, I hope not, I'm too lazey to look right now.

Clearly you have a problem that needs addressing before you move on to another new battery. You likely have a drain from somewhere even when the key is off.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
420 CCA is LOW. I have a 9xxCCA/12xxCA Interstate battery in my truck. Do you have the proper series of battery? Is it heavy as hell? If its not huge and heavy, you are putting a car battery in there. Get your alternator tested. Search for grounds/shorts. Use a test light to see if voltage is flowing even with the key off.

This truck is eating you alive Collin.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I've seen that problem happen when the engines ground strap was disconnected. It was in a Pontiac, but what the hell, a charging system is a charging system. It's worth a look.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
The most common cause of fried batteries is overvoltage, generally due to either a bad voltage regulator, bad grounds, or a bad sense wire. You need to do a thorough check on your charging system and related wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts