Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,039 Posts
Dual purpose, unmistakably FORD.

Nice $20 NAMELESS. Hope all is going well for you and yours over on the coast man.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,217 Posts
Speak for yourself. :) It looks close enough to a Dodge front end, I would have to compare actual photos to know which is which. I suspect it's only unmistakable to diehard brand loyalists.

·
Project STINKY Superviser
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe a stupid question, but is that supposed to be identifiable as a Bronco? Silhouettes generally show the side profile, to differentiate it from say, a truck with the same front end. :)
It is a front end of a 1978-1979 Ford Truck/Bronco with square headlights. There are two others, both with round headlights one with a 2 piece grill and the other a one piece grill. Know your Fords :rolleyes:

·
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Nice $20 NAMELESS. Hope all is going well for you and yours over on the coast man.
I have an extra if you want one, white or black?

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
170 Posts
Speak for yourself. :) It looks close enough to a Dodge front end, I would have to compare actual photos to know which is which. I suspect it's only unmistakable to diehard brand loyalists.
Ugh!...what sort of weirdos think about Dodges?....:unsure:

But yes, if you really wanted to be sure you should get a blue oval Ford sticker instead. Most likely people that aren't enthusiasts won't be sure if it is a car or a truck. I like how '79s look and I'm pretty sure most people who are close enough to see something I would put that sticker on (probably a water bottle, maybe a tool box) have also met me enough to know that I drive a Ferd Fifteenthousand! :LOL:

·
36,039 Posts
I have an extra if you want one, white or black?
Well that's a generous offer my friend. Do you think it would do well on over the paint of better on the window or even the tailgate trim? That will decide the color, for best visibility, of course. I think it would look sweet in white on the black body but I hesitate to put stickers on painted tailgate.
It will be odd to have it on my 5th gen, but since we have 2 2nd gens at home... I can stand up under questioning. ;)

·
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that's a generous offer my friend. Do you think it would do well on over the paint of better on the window or even the tailgate trim? That will decide the color, for best visibility, of course. I think it would look sweet in white on the black body but I hesitate to put stickers on painted tailgate.
It will be odd to have it on my 5th gen, but since we have 2 2nd gens at home... I can stand up under questioning. ;)
I put one on my Gun Safe and Toolbox, its delicate due to the fine lines. Not sure if it would hold up out in the elements. It took me a few minutes to apply.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,217 Posts
You guys that have driven Fords your entire life, and own several Ford trucks at any given time, aren't exactly the ones who can speak to whether it's unmistakably a Ford silhouette. Expand your perspective a bit, and I think you'll be surprised by the uncertainty.

·
36,039 Posts
I put one on my Gun Safe and Toolbox, its delicate due to the fine lines. Not sure if it would hold up out in the elements. It took me a few minutes to apply.
Alrighty then. Toolbox it is. I'll go with the white.
You still have my addy? I can PM it if not.
Thanks again bud. I'll be happy to send a few bucks back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts