Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick ? what would leak from the timing chain cover antifreeze or what any info would help thanks in advance

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Where exactly is the leak from? New pump may not be sealed properly, may have cracked the timing chain cover or any number of other possibilities. Need some pics or better description.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a puddle of coolant on the crevices of the lower intake right by the timing cover

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mines doing the samething. I just today tighten the bolts near there a little bit. Hope this works. let me know if you find something else. also check the hoses right above(make sure their not leaking).

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
It is your thermostat housing that is leaking. Do a search....this has happened to just about every single one of us at one point or another....

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
bdawg said:
Mines doing the samething. I just today tighten the bolts near there a little bit. Hope this works. let me know if you find something else. also check the hoses right above(make sure their not leaking).
In cold weather I always have a bit of coolant that finds its way out......the problem is much better now that I switched over to the Goodyear hoses. The thing is that mine was leaking a bit right at the bypass hose area where the t-stat housing is. I got in there the other morning in 10*F cold and tightened all the hose clamps.....now she is dry as a bone even on the coldest of mornings.

What I am telling you is......tighten all your hose clamps in the area first, and do it when the engine is at its coldest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts