Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
I've got a bit of a puzzling problem i was hoping you could help me solve. I own a 1995 bronco with a 5.0. I just recently completed my motor swap into a fresh 5.0. along with a new water pump and radiator. The donor motor is a 5.0. H.0. out of a 1988 Lincoln. My question is why is my cooling system pushing coolant over the top of the overflow tank? The coolant in the tank is ice cold and the upper radiator hose is luke warm and the lower is cooler than that. The thermostat is new too. Also when i'm idling or step on the gas I get a gurgling noise coming from the passenger compartment. I think it is the heater core. A theory I had was that there is air trapped in the system that needs to be bled out. Would a coolant system flush help. I'm sure that would clean out the red residue in my overflow tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Ths truck is my daily driver. I know about the reverse flow water pump issue and my truck has the correct flow for my stock system.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Hmm, I've been fighting the same problem with my 302 swap in my Ranger for the last year. The only way not to have it overflow out of the reservoir is to not have a t-stat installed. Funny thing is that it's also a 302HO from an Lincoln Mark VII.

I've already done a compression test, combustion test, pressure test and all tests passed fine. I've also replaced the water pump just to make sure it was the correct rotation. Already tried bypassing the heater core with no difference. Spent hours filling/bleeding the cooling system of air. I'm stumped...

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
do you have the right water pump on? just a thought

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
over-filled the system?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I get some out of mine sometimes and I am almost 100 percent sure it is from my bumpy dirt driveway, When the overfill tank was empty or close to it I dont believe I got any out.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The Lincoln engine is a regular rotation water pump and the Bronco is a reverse rotation water pump.If you used the Bronco brackets and belt system,the you are rotating the water pump backwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts