Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all....first off I want to say that I'm new to the site and I think it's great. Real helpful.

I have a coolant issue with my '94 XLT (351W). Every day there is coolant that appears to be pushing out from under the cover of the expansion tank...just enough to make a small puddle on top of the tank. I have ruled out leaks from other areas that could squirt coolant on top of the tank.

I have changed the thermostat, radiator cap, and flushed the system...yet it continues. I also changed the temp gauge sending unit and my engine temp reads normal while under operating temperature.

Anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Yes, my 86 has a dual reservior for coolant & windshield washer and there is a seperation in middle the molding under the top cover so if you bounce around going down the road it pisses out a bit so I just plugged it with some shop paper towels but one of these days I will pull it off and just silicone it.
I also put a small clamp on the overflow hose on the bottom and over on the radiator neck as well.
The replacement costs for these things are not cheap. :doh0715:

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Yea, I have the same issue right now. Mine leaks enough to pee me off. :banghead but so far I have been to lazy to put a clamp on the overflow tube that goes to the radiator...:brownbag

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
MIne did it too. It likes to only have anout 1/4 of a tank in the resivor. Anyhting over that it pushes out and thene it stops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it's cold it shows the proper amount in the reservoir. I don't think the overflow tube from the radiator is the culprit.

I thought that maybe it was just sloshing around inside the overflow tank (and splashing out from under the cap) after the engine warms and the coolant level in there rises high enough. Maybe this is all it is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts