Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a coolant leak and located, I just can't seem to find a part name or anything its the flex/hard line going to the throttle body some1 help. Can it be replaced or do I need to fabricate something???

·
Registered
636 Posts
The pic didn't come up. However, what you need to do is get some fuel injection hose and 2 clamps to replace the hose. Use a hacksaw to cut off the aluminum swage on the hard end. Just dont cut past it. I think the hose is 3/8"

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Jlep said:
Well I have a coolant leak and located, I just can't seem to find a part name or anything its the flex/hard line going to the throttle body some1 help. Can it be replaced or do I need to fabricate something???
good luck, its bad when they leak fromt there.
is the hard line leakign right where it enters the TB on the body? if so you might as well just break it off.
it happens becuase of corrosion.
to fix it, I drill out the remaining tube to just under 3/8" i believe. i then take a peice of 3/8" fuel hard line and bend it to have the proper angle, i then hammer this into the TP bore using loctite around it as a sealant for the press fit. good luck, common on ones with alot of corrosion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And just one more question, anyone ever had problems with the draincock leaking seems I have a small one there too.......

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If its pissing right close to the radiator from that nipple then I would start thinking about replacing the rad. That nipple is plastic, and I dont see a easy to fix it......unless there is enough room to pull the hose off....cut the nipple short and reinstall the hose. The problem is that in 99.9% of the cases its cracked where it mates to the filler neck of the rad, and fixing it is no longer a option. Since you already have another leak at the drain cock, and a new rad ls like $160......what the hell treat yourself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts