Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a sweet coolant overflow resevior that brian soderblom used on his bronco so i went to the yard to find it today. I got super lucky and found a 94 gt mustang...how sweet. I pulled the reservior, but i noticed it had a crack in it. it wasnt too bad so i bought it (2.50 because it was cracked). i was wondering what i could use to patch it. i was thinking just like silicone or something. maybe a gasket sealer?? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
were there GT heads on the motor? I want those, and Ill get you a brand new coolant reservoir. Also check town cars and marquis. Lots of fords have different ones. You and I are going through the same process, and seem to be posting the same questions

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, ive noticed that we have some very similar threads...i got one off of a town car too, but its alot smaller so i think im gonna go with the mustang one. i will be goin back to the yard monday or tuesday, and i can check for you. i dont remember what all was there but the seats, haha, i liked them. im pretty sure the motor was intact, but ill get back to you.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
You can use JB Weld also. I've used it to patch a radiator and a gas tank before and both were still holding years later.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Steve83 said:
All disposable plastic objects & all Ford plastic parts have the type of plastic & the recycling class molded in somewhere. Check carefully, then find an adhesive that's made for that kind of plastic. Just as a guess, I think that tank would be High Density PolyEthylene (HDPE) or maybe PolyPropylene (PP).
I can say, with coolant covered boots, silicone does not do the job !

Maybe I'll try the 3M stuff, like Gackner has or some epoxy (though I think I tried epoxy too?).

Sixlitre

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
You can also try the plastic welding kit from HF. It works for some people on some plastics, takes some experimenting though.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
FordBroncoLover said:
Can someone post a pic of the reservoir?
I did and so did Plug, just a few days ago

Please search with our names and res and save us from carpel !

Sixlitre

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
If you use that res how do you keep the windshield washers/sprayers?

Sixlitre-

Could not find your pic, you guys post alot. I assume it is the res on Brian's Bronco site?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
FordBroncoLover said:
If you use that res how do you keep the windshield washers/sprayers?

Sixlitre-

Could not find your pic, you guys post alot. I assume it is the res on Brian's Bronco site?
FordBroncoLover

It's been posted in the last 10 days, but here you go again(your search skills are suspect !);

You'll find em' on stock 1990 Lincoln Town cars and probably CVs and MGMs too. Anything from those cars has got to be cheaper than stang parts.

BTW

That pic is of my Town Car, not my Bronco, with the Taurus fan conversion.

On my Bronco I use the stock 86 resevoir because it don't eat up as much inner fender room as the later broncos, especially the way I have it mounted.

By simply shifting my stock 86 resevoir combo from the fender to the back of the rad support (in photo);

It allows me to do this;

or more lately this;

Comprend-eh? (Spanish with a Canadian twist)

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Xris said:
Hey six...is that your lunch box and custom grilling kit? Sweet setup!:thumbup
Ha ha ha ha ha !:histerica :histerica

That IS a good one Xris

It's like you know me too well or something. It could well be. Nah, that there is piece of mind for when I leave the county out of towing distance. 2/3 parts and the top third is tools.

Sixlitre

p.s./
If'n I ever put a hitch on it will be just so's I kin git me one of them thar gas BBQs that fit into the hitch.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Six...forget the grill...a good friend of mine worked for a lawn and garden company and would mow corporation lawns. He would throw his leftovers on the manifold of the tractor and by noon he had a piping hot meal! One time he overcooked it and casued a little bit of a fire! :histerica

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
I too am an intake chef

When I was 16 I helped a trucker buddy deliver goods up and down the 401 (Canada's major highway). He used to cook us up some stroffer's TV dinners the same way.

With all the venting and leaks that goes on under my Bronco's hood:shocked , I'll stick to the BBQ though

Sixlitre

1 - 18 of 18 Posts