Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as I thought everything was going great
it happened. My 91 302 is leaking coolant badly I know its not the water pump or from the thermostate or surrounding area.
I hope its not but has anyone ever had to replace the head gaskets from this prob.
but wait it doesn't stop there I also think I snapped my drivers side axel shaft it makes this loud clunking noise and is real slugish

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Yes, it is definantly possible for the head gasket to have blown. One way to find out is to drain your oil. If it's green or filled with water, then it's the head gasket. You can also do a compression check. It's as easy as changing plugs.
Be sure not to let the engine overheat, because it can cause your heads to warp. Then you will be spending money at the machine shop.
As for the rear axle, pull the rear pumpkin cover and see if there are any metal shavings or chunks in there. If not, pull the wheel off, and then see if there is much slack on the axle (in and out, not side to side). That will tell you where the problem is. For all you know, it may just be a bad bearing.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Sounds like a bad break for ya, Sorry.
But if you play hard, you got to fix her up

I've had a fe wof the major breaks in my day, never fun, but give's you a reason to UPGRADE :thumbup

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
hopefully it is a thermostat or your water pump. Be sure to check all of the heater core lines. A pinn hole can cause a head ache. trust me, I've been there!!! could even be the water pump gasket. Just get in there and check every thing, after a while, you will find it.

G

·
EvilBronc said:
hopefully it is a thermostat or your water pump. Be sure to check all of the heater core lines. A pinn hole can cause a head ache. trust me, I've been there!!! could even be the water pump gasket. Just get in there and check every thing, after a while, you will find it.
well said, well said :thumbup

i once had the same problem, what do ya know, pulled the thermostat out = gave me some time... happened later again, and it was a hole in the intake manifold (previous vehicle)

as for the rear... i can relate as it recently happened to my bronc, and the way the shop could definitely tell my WHOLE DAMN REAR was out was they got it there and wiggled the driveshaft, which had some play in it... tore it apart, gears, bearings, everything was shot... maybe you can catch it in time to save you a little cash :shrug but let us know how it goes, and good luck :beer

kenny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts