Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there's one thing I'll miss about Houghton, Mi it'll be the really sweet lift bridge. It's just totally awesome.

Winter at night.

Fall in the light

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Todd I like the pics

Does that bridge have two levels they set it at. Looks like at night it is set lower. Possibly because of few boats. Then during the day it is set higher for general boat traffic.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Todd I like the pics

Does that bridge have two levels they set it at. Looks like at night it is set lower. Possibly because of few boats. Then during the day it is set higher for general boat traffic.
It's a 2 layer bridge, way back when trains used the lower level year round but the tracks have since been removed. So in the summer the bridge is at the higher setting so cars run on the bottom road so boats can get through but since the water freezes in winter the bridge is lowered and cars drive on top and the bottom is opened to snowmobile traffic

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that the same one on this can of Keweenaw? Cause if so, I like that bridge more and more the more I drink it.
Yup that's the same bridge

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
See...? You'll miss us if you leave the Mitten. Nice pics. Been there under it and over it... :thumbup

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Is that the same one that beheaded that grain freighter on "Shockwave"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts