Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
I've got a bit of a puzzling problem i was hoping you could help me solve. I own a 1995 bronco with a 5.0. I just recently completed my motor swap into a fresh 5.0. along with a new water pump and radiator. The donor motor is a 5.0. H.0. out of a 1988 Lincoln. My question is why is my cooling system pushing coolant over the top of the overflow tank? The coolant in the tank is ice cold and the upper radiator hose is luke warm and the lower is cooler than that. The thermostat is new too. The truck does this without overheating. The temp gauge stays on the "O" or the "R". I have the supercooling package and the larger fan if this helps. I tried some of that blue devil stuff and it didn't seem to work, even after i drove the truck with no thermostat in it. Still puked the fluid out, at least the coolant was hot this time. I can idle the truck all day long and it won't happen, it only happens if i drive it for awhile. If i can't figure this out i'm going o have to scrap the truck and I really don't want to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Ths truck is my daily driver.
p.s. sorry about leaving a long message.

·
Registered
490 Posts
bogginbronco95 said:
hi guys,
I've got a bit of a puzzling problem i was hoping you could help me solve. I own a 1995 bronco with a 5.0. I just recently completed my motor swap into a fresh 5.0. along with a new water pump and radiator. The donor motor is a 5.0. H.0. out of a 1988 Lincoln. My question is why is my cooling system pushing coolant over the top of the overflow tank? The coolant in the tank is ice cold and the upper radiator hose is luke warm and the lower is cooler than that. The thermostat is new too. The truck does this without overheating. The temp gauge stays on the "O" or the "R". I have the supercooling package and the larger fan if this helps. I tried some of that blue devil stuff and it didn't seem to work, even after i drove the truck with no thermostat in it. Still puked the fluid out, at least the coolant was hot this time. I can idle the truck all day long and it won't happen, it only happens if i drive it for awhile. If i can't figure this out i'm going o have to scrap the truck and I really don't want to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Ths truck is my daily driver.
p.s. sorry about leaving a long message.
flan blades the wrong way? are you using a fan shroud? are you sure its circulating?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using the timing cover off my bronco's original motor and a new waterpump for a 1995 bronco. the fan turns counter-clockwise as does the waterpump. I believe that is the correct way for it to rotate.

·
Registered
149 Posts
bogginbronco95 said:
I am using the timing cover off my bronco's original motor and a new waterpump for a 1995 bronco. the fan turns counter-clockwise as does the waterpump. I believe that is the correct way for it to rotate.
That sounds right, but I can't think of what else might be causing your problem. You are not actually overheating,tho,are you? Why did you change timing covers? Does the new water pump look the same as the one off the 88? Did you put on a new radiator cap-if so, what press. rating is it? I'm just trying to find some info that might lead to a solution.
Rick

·
Registered
566 Posts
I dunno, but I'll buy his Bronco though. I sent pm I need to know by sat other wise I have a guy comming to pick my truck up then. :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey DallasBronco,
I am not overheating at all, at least according to the gauge. My radiator cap is 13lbs, I pressure tested it and it is fine. I changed timing covers because the 1995 waterpump wasn't compatible with the cover off the '88. The holes didn't line up correctly. All i can think of is i'll have to tear it down and see what's going on. Hopefully its just a head gasket, put I will replace the heads if i have too. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts