Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
I've got a bit of a puzzling problem i was hoping you could help me solve. I own a 1995 bronco with a 5.0. I just recently completed my motor swap into a fresh 5.0. along with a new water pump and radiator. The donor motor is a 5.0. H.0. out of a 1988 Lincoln. My question is why is my cooling system pushing coolant over the top of the overflow tank? The coolant in the tank is ice cold and the upper radiator hose is luke warm and the lower is cooler than that. The thermostat is new too. The truck does this without overheating. The temp gauge stays on the "O" or the "R". I have the supercooling package and the larger fan if this helps. I tried some of that blue devil stuff and it didn't seem to work, even after i drove the truck with no thermostat in it. Still puked the fluid out, at least the coolant was hot this time. I can idle the truck all day long and it won't happen, it only happens if i drive it for awhile. If i can't figure this out i'm going o have to scrap the truck and I really don't want to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Ths truck is my daily driver.
p.s. when i originally got the motor i improperly torqued the head gaskets. after realizing this i tore the engine backed down and retorqued the heads down to 85 ft-lbs. Should I replace the head gaskets? Would this fix my problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts