Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Ive been having some issues with my cooling system. Basically it all started about 2 months ago after i replaced my rad cap. Now, whenever i turn my truck off, antifreeze leaks out of my lower rad hose. I had thought it was a block in the system so i flushed the entire engine and rad, replaced the upper and lower hoses, thermostat, and water pump. I refilled the system, and yet again it still leaks. I don't have any issues with the truck overheating or running any hotter than normal.
I was thinking about running with a lower pressure rad cap. I added an overflow containiner and it always is empty. No fluid ever recirculates back into it. Anyone have any ideas? I'm getting tired of pulling up somewhere just to watch a nice drip of fluid pour out the lower rad hose.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
You sure it is leaking from the hose? Take a close look at the radiator where the lower hose hooks to it. It sounds like the hose fitting to radiator is cracked and that is where the A/F is coming from. Having the pressure in the radiator when you shut it down any small crack will blow A/F out.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Are you talking the actual lower rad hose or the overflow hose that runs down the side of the rad?If its the overflow hose you have a bad cap seal.Sometimes its just an over full system and once it reach's the correct level it won't leak anymore.I had over filled mine and it leaked for a few days till the level dropped.

·
Well Done Man!
1,620 Posts
What pressue cap do you have on there?
If you drop pressue you will overheat faster. (every PSI in pressue is good for like 3-4 degrees cooling)
Make sure where its leaking from. It just jut be leaking from the radiator over flow.
Do you have a catch can?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i have a catch can, i got it from jeff's bronco graveyard. It's not that hose, it's the lower one on the rad, the return. I'm going to try to just add another clamp on there to see i fit helps.
I have a new rad cap on there, i actualy wen tthrough two to see if it would help, its the pressure that is recommended.
The overflow system never reall seams to work, it usually just remains at the level i fill it too...maybe thats a good thing.
I keep you posted, i have a new steering issue to tackle now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts