Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Well, from the clip, I dont think the cop knew the guy was a FF because he wasn't wearing any kind of FF cloths. So I think the cop assumed that he was a passerby trying to help, but was worried that he'd do less good. Know what I mean?

Still, the cop jumped to conclusions I think.

KC

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I love being surrounded (literally) by stupid cops, it really makes me feel good to know one will arrest a firefighter for trying to protect his crew :wacko

This happend about 10 minutes from my house.

Well, from the clip, I dont think the cop knew the guy was a FF because he wasn't wearing any kind of FF cloths. So I think the cop assumed that he was a passerby trying to help, but was worried that he'd do less good. Know what I mean?

KC
that's the way all the officers around here dress when not responding to a fire call. if you watch the video you can see the cop getting all huffy at the truck and i beleive he watches that FF get out of the truck. The cop was just on a powertrip.

Justin

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
A police officer in Hazelwood will have to pay $18,000 dollars for getting into it with a firefighter while he was trying to help an accident victim.

His attorney says he's disappointed and that his client's conduct was not malicious in any way.

Police dash cam video shows the Hazelwood police officer arresting a fire captain while he's trying to move an injured driver.

It happened on Interstate 270 back in May of 2003.

Officer Todd Greeves wanted a fire truck moved to open up another lane of traffic.

The Robertson Fire Protection District Captain wanted the truck there to protect emergency workers.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
And the police wonder why the public loves Firefighters and not cops. Stupidity like this. Personally I think whomever was in that car has full right to sue that officer for endangering his/her life. The FFs have the truck there for two reasons, 1: to block rubberneckers form taking someone else out and 2: EMT supplies are on the truck.

Oh and the 18K fine yea I think that is fully deserved for endangering everyone especialy the injured person there.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Oh and the 18K fine yea I think that is fully deserved for endangering everyone especialy the injured person there.
The cop could have endangered that persons life, thats really unacceptable. If I needed assistance and this happened I would sue the city, not to make money but just to ensure that the next time it happened the person would get proper medical attention without a police FF rivalry endangering innocent people. :smilie_slap

·
Registered
995 Posts
"Goddamnit Farva, What the hell were you thinking?"

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
And the police wonder why the public loves Firefighters and not cops. Stupidity like this. Personally I think whomever was in that car has full right to sue that officer for endangering his/her life. The FFs have the truck there for two reasons, 1: to block rubberneckers form taking someone else out and 2: EMT supplies are on the truck.

But who got the money? the State? The firefighter? or the guy in the wreck?

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
The cop should have been shit-canned (he obviously has incredibly poor judgement) and charged criminally with interfering with a firefighter in the performance of his duties. Dumbass. :twak

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,903 Posts

KC
That was the Captain, they dont always dress in turnouts. The cop knew who he was.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
The whole situation is a big mess. Great example of cops being in the higher than all mode.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
bossind: The guy in the wreck should. But only from the officer involved. I hate the idea of suing departments and citys just because they have deep pockets.

Sway: Being that the cop was walking towards the truck when the capt. hopped out and then started chasing the capt. I'm sure he knew who he was talking about.

More officers need to realize they will be on camera, weather it's from their own equipment or somebody else. They will be highly scrutinized and will be cited for any wrongdoing.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Oh yea cases in point where officers took things too far...

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
I'll be the first to criticize LEO's when I think that they've acted outside of their authority, but I don't think that the cop in the second video was out of line at all. The motorist was a total dickhead from the beginning of the traffic stop. If a cop pulls you over and asks for your license and registration, you're required to produce those documents immediately, not ask why. And when they tell you to sign the citation, you have the right not to sign it...but the police are then required to place you under arrest. If a cop is trying to take you into custody and you try to walk away, don't be surprised when the Taser barbs enter your backside.

As far as screaming at the female passenger, the officer doesn't know if she's going to jump out of the vehicle with a gun...he told her to get back in the vehicle and she didn't. Lucky for her he didn't have two Tasers. :histerica

The guy in the first video though...he obviously has anger management issues (probably exacerbated by the ridiculous looking little patrol vehicle he has to drive). If you can't control your emotions when dealing with a bunch of punk kids on skateboards, you're really not suited to law enforcement work.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
On that first video that Froggmann posted that cop was definently unprofessional.

It doesn't appear he had ANY reason to throw that kid to the ground the way he did. Not saying the kid probably didn't deserve it, but still, I think that was out of line for his position.

Also on the first video, in the last 5 seconds when the officer tells the kid with the camera to "put the camera down" then JUST before the clip ends he says "If I find myself on y...." I bet he was going to say YouTube.

I think the Second video was pretty justified. The cop was probably a prick, most are, but at the same time the Driver was in violation by walking away from the officer. It's not like he tazed him right away, he gave him several commands, and held the tazer out while giving at least 3 more commands, to which the driver disregarded, and got his ass buzzed.

His girlfriend needed to STFU as well.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
cop did an ok job on the second one. just watch the last friggin minute of that stupid video, the rest is just traffic drving by.

now that first guy was a peeeeenus. reminds me of the pigs i dealt with growing up.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,797 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts