Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POSTED IN NOOB FORUM AS WELL

Hey guys... I bought a Bronco at a Copart Auction yesterday in Denver (South). I have sold hundreds of cars through my work at Copart in the past and thousands of cars through other auctions like Manheim and ADESA. I have also worked for a very large auction company in the past that sold a lot of vehicles (Ritchie Bros).... so I was shocked when the lady at Copart told me that I HAVE to have someone tow my Bronco off their yard.... even though I am having my brother pick it up and drive it to his house less than 5 miles away. I also paid for a condition report which sent me multiple videos of Copart operating the Bronco on their yard. She said it is only because of OSHA rules... which I do not buy because like I said I have been involved in the auction game for the last decade and never heard of such a thing.... hell at Ritchie we would let farmers drive off in combines lol.

Does anyone here have any experience with Copart? Or does anyone have and recommendations on options? Is there such thing as a company that will tow something off a lot for cheap? I can't get a truck there to pick it up until next week... and I hate to pay storage fees (they start after 3 days lol)......

Random question I know... but thought I would see if anyone has any experience.....

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I manage a local public auto auction and also regularly buy and sell at a couple local wholesale auto auctions. I personally have never done business with Copart, though.

Does it have anything to do with them not issuing a temporary tag for it? I don't think they can legally let you drive away without a valid dealer plate or temp tag.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Youtube "copart scams." Will tell you everything you need to know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts