·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to transfer or save text from an online pdf file to Microsoft
Works Word Processor? I have saved a copy in My Documents,
but am unable to alter it.

I am not stealing or re-authoring anything. I am trying to remove
unnecessary text and change measurements from metric to U.S.

Please hold my hand.

Thanks, Mike

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Do you have Word or Works? If it's Works, you may be outta luck generating a true Word file.

You should be able to save the .pdf, open it in Adobe Reader, then click File, Save as Text... Open the file you've created with the text editor you wish to use or Notepad, then Save As... (whatever extension you want).

·
Registered
812 Posts
Do you have Word or Works? If it's Works, you may be outta luck generating a true Word file.

You should be able to save the .pdf, open it in Adobe Reader, then click File, Save as Text... Open the file you've created with the text editor you wish to use or Notepad, then Save As... (whatever extension you want).
That doesn't always work... Most of the time, it seems that Adobe can't OCR enough and format right to make it worth the conversion. There's also some pay apps out there that claim they can convert PDF to Word, but none of them do a good job. The general answer for my users is "if you don't have the original file, you're going to have to retype it." It sucks, but that's how it is.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Giving up already? ;) There are even easier solutions. The next one would be to use Acrobat Professional.

Don't have it? Don't worry, there's a trial version, good for 30 days, available through Adobe.com: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatproextended/tryout.html

NOW you have the cat's ass. :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts