Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 260 of 715 Posts

·
Bronco Snob
2,093 Posts
America 2020: To prevent law abiding citizens from infection, they are forced to stay home by fine or arrest. To prevent federal prisoners from infection, they are released into society?
More super smart Democrat policies that my small mind cannot understand.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I heard about the shortage of Chloroquine this morning. Apparently they are saying Lupus sufferers use it to suppress symptoms and that they suffer some really horrific effects if they suddenly stop using it. According to the local news a bunch of Doctors have been writing prescription for themselves and their families and their have been legal suits filed. At the time of the report it could not be determined if the medicine was being taken as a precautionary measure or was being horded for future use or future profit.
Like biggum says, use your brains and try to look out for yourself, but don't forget humanity.
By the way, why is it that the President of the Kennedy Center gets an annual Salary of $1.2 million and the President of the UNITED STATES is paid $400,000? Why did the company that Biden's brother is VP of get a $1.5 Billion contract to build houses in Iraq. Somebody needs to figure how this stuff is allowed. That's probably why Obamma kept trying to cut almost a billion dollars from the CDC budget while he was in office. How many ventilators and masks would that have purchased?

Swamp

·
--------------
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
The first paragraph parrots exactly what I just said... "President Trump said Thursday that the antimalarial drug chloroquine had shown “very encouraging early results” treating COVID-19 and will be rolled out “almost immediately” to help fight the growing coronavirus outbreak"... He did not say it was the end all be all treatment... He's said all along... It shows promise... Again people need to take what he says at face value instead of their interpretation of it...
Ohhh, Okaaay,,,,
so all of the other words, paragraphs and the video representation carry absolutely "No Meaning"...

While I Completely Agree with you about people needing to actually think about
what they are doing (or possibly ingesting) to combat this Viral threat.

There are actually people out there who hang on the Presidents
every word as if it were Gospel.

·
--------------
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
America 2020: To prevent law abiding citizens from infection, they are forced to stay home by fine or arrest. To prevent federal prisoners from infection, they are released into society?

It is not just a Federal or Democrat thing.....

Some Arizona sheriffs ask to reduce jail population amid coronavirus worry

Don't do the Crime if you can't do the Time,,,, Don't do it.
(What TV series was that?)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do u really think that's his job? Why do u think he has an administrator, or why we have all these different health organizations like the cdc... That's THEIR job to say hey Mr President we need to invoke pandemic protocol... Do we have your permission?.... Then, if it gets out of their control... Hey Mr President we're losing this battle u might want to declare a natural disaster or a state of emergency so we have more options for containment... You really have no understanding exactly what the Presidents job is do you?
Yes, that is the point It is his job. Did the mayor of your city receive the intelligence briefing? Probably not. Can the governor of your state order a business to build/make critical equipment? Probably not. Can the governor of your state get a conference call with the other 49 other governors, and explain what is going to happen nationwide in the immediate future? Probably not. Does the governor of your state have access to all of the intelligence from around the world that the President does? Probably not. Can the governor of your state run a financial deficit to finance response to a national crisis? Probably not.

And I don't have an understanding exactly what the Presidents job is? His job does not include calling health care workers thieves. His job does not include knowingly lying about the seriousness of a situation. His job is not as a host of a daily TV show striving, and then bragging about ratings. His job does not include denigrating the work of others striving to contain a life threatening crises, because they do not appreciate him.

Given my understanding of his job it is easy to see why I criticize him though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It is not just a Federal or Democrat thing.....

Some Arizona sheriffs ask to reduce jail population amid coronavirus worry

Don't do the Crime if you can't do the Time,,,, Don't do it.
(What TV series was that?)
But most of those incarcerated require contact of non-criminal elements. So are they to be left to die of starvation? Or confined to solitary confinement? How long are these detention centers going to survive if all of the guards and staff contract the disease? Do you honestly expect sheriffs deputies to continue to do their job unchanged? They won't. They will walk off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I heard about the shortage of Chloroquine this morning. Apparently they are saying Lupus sufferers use it to suppress symptoms and that they suffer some really horrific effects if they suddenly stop using it. According to the local news a bunch of Doctors have been writing prescription for themselves and their families and their have been legal suits filed. At the time of the report it could not be determined if the medicine was being taken as a precautionary measure or was being horded for future use or future profit.
Like biggum says, use your brains and try to look out for yourself, but don't forget humanity.
By the way, why is it that the President of the Kennedy Center gets an annual Salary of $1.2 million and the President of the UNITED STATES is paid $400,000? Why did the company that Biden's brother is VP of get a $1.5 Billion contract to build houses in Iraq. Somebody needs to figure how this stuff is allowed. That's probably why Obamma kept trying to cut almost a billion dollars from the CDC budget while he was in office. How many ventilators and masks would that have purchased?

Swamp
As Babe Ruth is supposed to have said when ask why he made so much more than President Hoover: "Hell, I had a better year than he did".

Government service has traditionally paid less than the private sector. There are some additional perks available. Like over 100 million for golf vacations.

·
--------------
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
First, the "no background check" is BS, because prohibited possessors already face serious charges if found in possession of a firearm. If you are eligible to possess a firearm, there is no legal basis for prohibiting you from carrying it, thus, no need for rubber stamp 'permission' from the gov't (permits).

So what's your problem with that? Why is it inadequate? Do you think law-abiding citizens with no criminal record should be barred from carrying? Should they have to pay to exercise their Constitutional rights by having to take some gov't sponsored class? How much training is sufficient? Who decides? If all that is OK for the 2nd Amendment, then I'm sure you would support similar restrictions for the 1st Amendment, right?

Your default position in almost all of these topics seems to be that more central government is the solution to all of the problems, and history (including current events) has shown clearly that more government usually just makes things worse.

I was talking with a friend a while back about just this.
(Conceal Carry here in Arizona).

He pointed out a couple of things,
Yes, you can CC, but if / when something happens and you need to fire
you could possibly be charged, and you Will Definitely be going to Court...

So he stated that as a "Responsible" gun owner
it would make good sense to attend a Gun Safety course AND
get your Concealed Carry Permit,
if for no other reason than to refresh / know your Rights and the Laws.

The Documentation alone would show your Training & Compliance even
tho it is "Not Required" by Law here in Arizona,
it could and Would go a long way in Court....

·
Registered
815 Posts
There's a big difference between early release of post-conviction prison inmates and pre-adjudicated minor offenders who haven't been able to make bail.

The truth is that there is so much pressure on county jails in most areas due to overcrowding (even before Covid) that most minor offenders are released immediately after their initial appearances, either "on their own recognizance" or with minimal bail. Most of the folks that are spending any time in jail pre-trial need to be there for the protection of the community.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
A lot of Americans are dying..... and if the models are correct we will be digging graves well into June. I am willing to start fresh today. We are in a spot in history when it really doesn't mater what political affiliation you are.... the virus doesn't care. The games should stop and we should focus on trying to save as many American lives as possible. Trump is our leader in this. Starting today I will look to him for guidance through this turmoil. I don't want to see our leader start any political back and forth, hold petty grudges, or look to place blame for what is happening. I really hope I see compassion and genuine caring from the person who is responsible for all of America. I need to see Trump let the doctors and experts comment of the Virus, and advise on any treatment. I need to see our leader embrace all of America during this time of death... and not just pander to his base. I really hope he lives up to these expectations and if these expectations seem too great... then we need to evaluate what has become of the " land of the free and home of the brave"

GOD BLESS ALL OF AMERICA

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Yea... ok. I'm done. @cobrajoe had it right the first time.

@BroncMom - If dribble is a Libertarian, I'm a Pastafarian who worships the Flying Spaghetti Monster. A vote for Swedish Meatballs is a vote for Free-dumb.
I'm a Pastafarian anytime religious people start being total assholes. Pisses them right the **** off.
Oh shit, that's the sticker I still need to make for the gambler! Knew I was forgetting something.

They idea is they don't want large groups of people together to limit spread. Prisons have very large groups of people in a confined space and don't have the most hygenic conditons, so it's prime for spreading the virus. wether releasing nonviolent inmates to try to prevent spread works or is a good idea is up for debate. Could also be a financial thing.

The real criminals are in DC..... glad we have a President that donates his salary.
Uh, the president is smack dab in the middle of DC, in the most famous building in DC. Just sayin.

·
--------------
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
There's a big difference between early release of post-conviction prison inmates and pre-adjudicated minor offenders who haven't been able to make bail.

The truth is that there is so much pressure on county jails in most areas due to overcrowding (even before Covid) that most minor offenders are released immediately after their initial appearances, either "on their own recognizance" or with minimal bail. Most of the folks that are spending any time in jail pre-trial need to be there for the protection of the community.
I'm Not advocating Early releases by any stretch,
Just pointed out the pressure to release mention goes
beyond a "Dem" thought process..

I remember & still like "Sheriff Joe's" tent city approach,
along with them pink jump suits & bologna sandwiches...

·
--------------
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
But most of those incarcerated require contact of non-criminal elements. So are they to be left to die of starvation? Or confined to solitary confinement? How long are these detention centers going to survive if all of the guards and staff contract the disease? Do you honestly expect sheriffs deputies to continue to do their job unchanged? They won't. They will walk off.
I don't really agree with you at all on this, too many "What If's"...
this is Not an Apocalyptic Scenario as yet.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was talking with a friend a while back about just this....

So he stated that as a "Responsible" gun owner
it would make good sense to attend a Gun Safety course AND
get your Concealed Carry Permit,
if for no other reason than to refresh / know your Rights and the Laws.

The Documentation alone would show your Training & Compliance even
tho it is "Not Required" by Law here in Arizona,
it could and Would go a long way in Court....
The key word there is 'responsible'. The responsibility should be on the individual. If they choose to carry, they need to shoulder the responsibility and understand the law. The prudent citizen will seek training, so when the time comes they have the skills to prevail.

The government shouldn't decide what is sufficient for each individual. Freedom requires responsibility.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm Not advocating Early releases by any stretch,
Just pointed out the pressure to release mention goes
beyond a "Dem" thought process..
Not saying you were, just pointing out the differences in the AZ article vs. the typical brain dead liberal response of emptying the prisons of serious offenders.

The truth is they are less likely to be infected in prisons because of the controlled ingress/egress, and the scruitiny on workers in that environment right now.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,864 Posts
My bro pulling 21 down in Walla Walla's max told me he's probably safer than any of us because everybody goes into quarantine as they're introduced into the system. That said... I had the same thought as Rico when I hear threats of fine or arrest for not following quarantine orders and the next story goes on about releasing low level offenders or announcing they have no intent on pursuing low level crimes, due to stretched resources and potential risks... announcements made by the same sheriff, minutes apart. So what's it gonna be boy? Yes, or No?

Still... local jails are a literal cesspool. I visited him one afternoon when he got moved to solitary confinement floor for pissing off a guard. The whole floor smelled like a piss/sh!t cocktail. He told me idiots were smearing feces all over they're cells, just to be a-holes or try to claim they're nuts. Makes you wonder what kinda nuts we still have running loose.

The UPSP issued "Papers" to my little lady, working as lead clerk at the local USPS office. Papers to show her as an "Essential Worker" to justify her being "out and about", ffs! The connotation here is painfully obvious. The rest of the package was a very passive, aggressive "Thanks for your dedication, now get your ass into work.. unless you have the cough."

We've got a new Flu virus and it sucks and people will die but we're gutting our economy and putting hundreds of thousands of small business's out of business. If these "non-essential" business orders stay in place for another month or two, how many jobs will there be when the fog clears? How badly will our economy be destroyed and how painful will the recovery be? Every small business will be gutted, leaving only big corporations who had the resources to survive the shut-down, left to serve the public needs. Anybody who doesn't think that's a "hay-day" for them and hell for us, hasn't been paying any attention.
What's the point of protecting individuals (who are apparently too stupid to protect themselves) when we destroy the fabric of the society that supports them? At what point do the actions we take to "protect" our society put our nation at greater risk than the virus itself? I think we're already there... we just haven't seen the fallout yet.
Where's the money come from to bail out every business and individual out there, not too mention the insane amount of pork being passed? We're already 23 trillion in debt, mostly to China... our known, communist adversary. Who borrows money from anyone who hates them and would love to destroy their way of life? Is it any wonder they've been taking advantage of us? Has anybody read how much they're buying up right now? I hear they own over 1/2 of the shipping ports across the globe now.

Sadly, there has been an agenda to actively strip us of our constitutional rights before this viral mess and it hasn't taken a break, but gained ground in the middle of this Kung Flu debacle, imo.

If someone were feeling uppity enough, right about now would be a great time to start some sh!t. The world isn't anymore friendly and civilized now than it has been for the past few hundred years, despite what people who've grown up in relatively peaceful times may like to think. There are still powerful people out there that want to rule the world and others who'd be satisfied to watch it burn, if they can't have it for themselves.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I can tell you that our facility has banned all outside personnel except legal reps and PO's. Those conversations are completed through glass using phones. No outside vendors are allowed in including deliveries. Staff levels are set at minimum to reduce the chance of something coming in. In my non medical opinion there would be much less chance of exposure while in prison. At least where I am at there is general sense of responsibility to the job so limiting exposure when not at work is paramount. Here's a little tidbit that may explain the TP shortage. Without fail every pod I have entered since this started I have been asked only one question and that is "Do we have enough Toilet Paper?" Does that tell anybody anything about the mentality of so many people in this country? I've always said about the only difference between the ones in here and their visitors out there is the side of the glass they are on. I believe it's a learned trait or way of thinking that causes so many issues in this country. It's not that they make a bad decision it's that they don't make a decision at all. They don't think or weigh consequences. They just DO. I think that's exactly what happens after a little while in our government. It isn't a battle between good and evil in the brain. Those people just simply DO because they see that they can.
Swamp

·
Registered
792 Posts
Do you honestly expect sheriffs deputies to continue to do their job unchanged? They won't. They will walk off.
To every beat cop and sheriff’s deputy on the front line of this crisis, that’s insulting.

You clearly fail to understand or appreciate the character of the men and women that protect our communities.

I speak for those who risk their lives day-in and day-out, because from here out, you are persona-non-grata drb.

241 - 260 of 715 Posts