Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 169 Posts

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Nearly 4 in every 10 cases requiring hospitalization involved people under the age of 55, according to a report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

An analysis of cases in the U.S. found that 45% of hospitalizations and 53% of intensive care admissions and 80% of deaths were among people 65 and older. The highest percentage of deaths associated with COVID-19 was among people 85 and older.
However, younger adults also can be vulnerable to serious illness. Among 508 patients known to be hospitalized, 38% were under the age of 55.

Millennials Aren't Taking Coronavirus Seriously, a Top WHO Official Warns
Aylward’s warning comes on the heels of the release of a preliminary analysis on Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that suggests 38% of coronavirus patients in the U.S. who were sick enough to be hospitalized were under the age of 55.

“Ten percent of the people who are in ICUs in Italy are in their 20s, 30s or 40s, these are young, healthy people with no co-morbidities, no other diseases,” he says.

As of March 16, a total of 4,226 COVID-19 cases had been reported in the United States, with reports increasing to 500 or more cases per day beginning March 14 (Figure 1). Among 2,449 patients with known age, 6% were aged ≥85, 25% were aged 65–84 years, 18% each were aged 55–64 years and 45–54 years, and 29% were aged 20–44 years (Figure 2). Only 5% of cases occurred in persons aged 0–19 years
Very Good Sir,
You not only "Substantiated" you assertion,
You knocked it outta the Park.... (y)

·
--------------
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I don't "need" anything per-se. I just, more-or-less, was interested in getting "boots on the ground" for myself and seeing what is going on around me, first-hand, instead of relying on the media. I agree, though. If you're looking to stock up on anything deemed prudent to have in a "social unrest" environment, you're past due. I just wanted to relay this information because I realize this situation may land on the front porch of others, in the very near future, and it's important they understand what can happen. Everyone likes to believe they are prepared for what they imagine will occur in scenarios they run through their mind. Living in that scenario, when it actually hits, is proving a bit of a curve-ball. The speed at which things changed is what caught me off-guard. In my area we went from fully stocked grocery shelves to zombie-apocalypse-movie-scenes in just a couple days. When you're stuck at work for 8-10 hours a day, every time you get out you find that you have to adapt to something new that just came to pass. The people that are being forced to "work" from home right now are doing the best. They get to hit up the grocery store, first thing in the morning, after the shelves have been stocked the night before. By the time I get there after work it's like, "Well... guess I'm not getting bread, spaghetti, hot dogs, SPAM, ramen, macaroni, canned/frozen veggies, or water again today. Let's see what else I can find." It's not the end of the world, by any means. Just a break in routine. The people that are unfamiliar with struggle or discomfort, though, are having a harder time. The people with kids have more worry. And the a$$ holes that are "predators" are just biding their time. It's all still relatively calm here, but again, things change quickly based on whatever new information breaks throughout the day. Americans don't get to feel vulnerable very often. This whole situation will hopefully be a leaning experience for many.
LoL, I didn't mean "You" in that respect of looking for things,
It was a Rhetorical statement, Sorry.

My Lil' Missus and I also were "Snooping it out" in back in Feb & 1st of March.
It was apparent to us very early just how much "unpreparedness" & panic was going
to set in when realization hit.

We saw shelves empty in a matter of 2-3 days at
Costco, Fry's, Wally-World & Walgreens....
1 day ok, next day long lines & empty shelves.

My favorite "Toy Store" mailings have stated shorter hours, including apologies for
No Inventory on certain items as you have mentioned as well.

But Yeah,
It is the panicked & predators who concern me the most....

I saw Gov. Deuce activated the Az Guard for Logistical purposes yesterday
to help the grocery stores get deliveries.
I Hope that helps with the "Maintenance buying" that will be needed this time next month.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Putting your ignorance on display.
1. I don't lie, cheat or steal. It goes against my personal code. People that do lie, cheat or steal like to assume everyone else does. It's how they justify their own behavior... but they're still wrong, not to mention being dishonorable pieces of sh!t.

I worked for well over a decade after becoming disabled. After retraining, I eventually got a desk job running tech support for Microsoft and later Managing an IT Development office, testing software, etc. Eventually, I retrained again to work in the Orthtotic Prosthetic field as a technician but again... infections, surgeries and recovery times made me unemployable, even in the same field that serves the disabled. You can't manage an un-reliable employee who may have to drop out of work at any time and be out for 3-6 months to recover. Because I kept working my amputated stump was getting infections from pressure sores as a result of over-use. Most gimps aren't as lucky as the few who inspire folks running marathons and what-have-you. I ended up going under the knife over a dozen times in a 20 year span. Even after I stopped working, I was still being too active and causing more infections, requiring more surgeries. Even when I had a good job and full health insurance, I still needed govt. assistance to get through some of the 6 month recoveries the infectious surgeries required. In the end... I had to force myself to slow down, stop attempting to hustle in a little extra cash to live on because of those surgeries. I was costing the system way more money paying for my repeated surgeries and recoveries than I have since I forced myself to become "lazy". Living on $14k a year is barely living in today's economy and I'm lucky enough to be on the higher end of the SSDI scale. If you think I'd settle for that if I had any other choice, you don't know me and you're wrong.

I get the mentality and I hate that there are so many folks abusing the system but I'm replying to tell you... you don't have a fukkin' clue what it's like to live with a disability and the choices and sacrifices you have to make or the things you have to live with. If I could have my left foot back, I'd be thrilled to go back to work, regain my self esteem, personal pride and financial freedom but that's not reality. I know because I tried and tried and they kept having to pay for extensive medical bills as a direct result. My choice to stop going under the knife, settle down and accept the messed up reality of my situation wasn't a choice to be "lazy". It was a choice to stop costing the tax payers much more money to help me keep working than to just sit my ass down and deal with it.

I don't want charity and I don't want anyone's pity but until you've walked a few miles in my shoe, STFU!

And I need to wrap this up so I can get out of my wheelchair, hope in the shower, drive an hour to town and have my prosthetic socket adjusted again and then go pickup some antibiotics to stop the infection on my amputated limb that I'm fighting to keep under control right now... or I'd probably rant on a little more about ignorant statements like that.

Not a personnel attack on anyone with disability. Maybe I can explain I little of my personal experience. My da was hit with the Polio epidemic when he was young. Weeks in a iron lung left him severely disabled. He left leg is 4 inches shorter than his right and he wore a brace for his entire life.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
drb, I would never say we don't need more workers. How we get those workers is a different story. We can either start teaching our children that the U.S. isn't all rainbows and Unicorn $h!t and that there are a hell of a lot of people who shouldn't be wasting government loans for college. The ability of our society here in the U.S. to match students with likely avenues of employment is abysmal. When I went back to school there were dozens of kids in my classes that thought they were going to be business execs. Yet, they were sitting in Econ class wearing their pajamas and slippers and couldn't answer simple questions about supply and demand. So, I am not suggesting the government step in, but perhaps some aptitude tests and other pertinent questions about the proposed students direction for education would help. I believe more of this starts at home and in the schools. From what a younger member stated here, his school, parent and community all discouraged any sort of physical work and espoused the opinion that only a college degree was acceptable. Perhaps if the people of our country weren't so two faced about our society things could improve. We have the people clamoring for cheap goods including food. We have farmers saying that they need the cheap labor provide by the illegals while their self driving Million dollar tractors till the fields. We have the farmers screaming to get Trump to sell more of food abroad. Here we are now in a pandemic and we see that something like 80% of meds come from another country and our grocery store shelves are empty.
Swamp

·
Registered
652 Posts
What do...

1) Collective bargaining powers for unions,
2) Increased fuel emissions standards for airlines, and
3) Expansion of wind and solar tax credits

...have to do with COVID-19?

Why are elected officials trying to make them part of a coronavirus stimulus package?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,014 Posts
What do...

Why are elected officials trying to make them part of a coronavirus stimulus package?
These are the industry’s that paid there tuition for office.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Because the more brownies the politicians can hand out the more greenies will come back to them and their families. I doubt that a bill has passed in our congress in the last 75 years that didn't include millions or billions in pork to get the needed number of votes. Anybody ever have dog that started looking a little on the plump side and just wanted to lay around on the couch all day? What happens when you cut back on their food or treats a little bit? They turn into real pesty a$$holes don't they. Welcome to the U.S. Congress.
Swamp

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,419 Posts
Not a personnel attack on anyone with disability. Maybe I can explain I little of my personal experience. My da was hit with the Polio epidemic when he was young. Weeks in a iron lung left him severely disabled. He left leg is 4 inches shorter than his right and he wore a brace for his entire life.
My response may have sounded more "personal" than I cared to make it but my own experience is all I can legitimately speak too. Truth is... there are thousands far worse of than I, who are honest folks with legit issues... as it sounds like you should be painfully aware of. So why the generalized sh!t talk? At least make the effort to specify your issue is with the fraudsters. Then I'd be right there with ya and not feel the need to justify for the many that have legit issues.
Having schooled with and later served many disabled of varying degrees in the Orthotic/Prosthetic field, I've seen, spoken with and served folks from across the spectrum. Many I was thrilled to help... a few, I'd have liked to fit the leg or back brace over their face and kick 'em to the curb. Condolences on your Da.

I'll be very interested to hear the actual percentage numbers once this whole mess blows over. A lot of the stats we're being fed are out of whack, as they're still being built. Like many news stories we get wrapped up in, as they're occurring... you never really know where things stand, until you can look back and survey the big picture, in total.
I'm still of the opinion that there's a great deal of unnecessary action being taken by the govt. (both state and fed) that will add more to the harm of this viral pandemic, than is necessary. I'm all for practical precautions but this panic state is utter nonsense and causes more harm than good. Things do feel like they're calming down a little bit though, so that's good news.

·
Bronco Snob
1,985 Posts
What do...

Answer: Nothing. Slimey, opportunistic Democrats, that absolutely cannot help themselves will stop at nothing to advance their unconstitutional, anti American agenda. Makes me ill.

·
--------------
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I saw on world news tonight that 1/5th of the World Population
has been affected by the Corona Virus,,,,,,,,

Really seems like a really good time for the Politicians
to pass a "Clean Bill"...

·
Registered
652 Posts
"The bill proposed by Pelosi, D-Calif., additionally seeks to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person...

...and wait for it...

...wait for it...

...the return of Obamaphones!"

Can I get $10K for my kids college education? No student debt, but thanks to Nancy's latest political gyration, I've now officially lost 8 years of gains in the investment funds that WERE going to pay for what the 529 (I fully funded) didn't cover.

Once again, those in the middle who do the right thing get screwed...

·
Bronco Snob
1,985 Posts
Here's an idea. While Our fearless leaders have us all huddled in our homes, STREETS EMPTY, how about 'never letting a crisis go to waste' and fix all the friggin potholes?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,014 Posts
RicoBronco for president!!!! Best freaking idea I heard yet!

·
Registered
83 Posts
drb, I would never say we don't need more workers. How we get those workers is a different story. We can either start teaching our children that the U.S. isn't all rainbows and Unicorn $h!t and that there are a hell of a lot of people who shouldn't be wasting government loans for college. The ability of our society here in the U.S. to match students with likely avenues of employment is abysmal. When I went back to school there were dozens of kids in my classes that thought they were going to be business execs. Yet, they were sitting in Econ class wearing their pajamas and slippers and couldn't answer simple questions about supply and demand. So, I am not suggesting the government step in, but perhaps some aptitude tests and other pertinent questions about the proposed students direction for education would help. I believe more of this starts at home and in the schools. From what a younger member stated here, his school, parent and community all discouraged any sort of physical work and espoused the opinion that only a college degree was acceptable. Perhaps if the people of our country weren't so two faced about our society things could improve. We have the people clamoring for cheap goods including food. We have farmers saying that they need the cheap labor provide by the illegals while their self driving Million dollar tractors till the fields. We have the farmers screaming to get Trump to sell more of food abroad. Here we are now in a pandemic and we see that something like 80% of meds come from another country and our grocery store shelves are empty.
Swamp
My response may have sounded more "personal" than I cared to make it but my own experience is all I can legitimately speak too. Truth is... there are thousands far worse of than I, who are honest folks with legit issues... as it sounds like you should be painfully aware of. So why the generalized sh!t talk? At least make the effort to specify your issue is with the fraudsters. Then I'd be right there with ya and not feel the need to justify for the many that have legit issues.
Having schooled with and later served many disabled of varying degrees in the Orthotic/Prosthetic field, I've seen, spoken with and served folks from across the spectrum. Many I was thrilled to help... a few, I'd have liked to fit the leg or back brace over their face and kick 'em to the curb. Condolences on your Da.

I'll be very interested to hear the actual percentage numbers once this whole mess blows over. A lot of the stats we're being fed are out of whack, as they're still being built. Like many news stories we get wrapped up in, as they're occurring... you never really know where things stand, until you can look back and survey the big picture, in total.
I'm still of the opinion that there's a great deal of unnecessary action being taken by the govt. (both state and fed) that will add more to the harm of this viral pandemic, than is necessary. I'm all for practical precautions but this panic state is utter nonsense and causes more harm than good. Things do feel like they're calming down a little bit though, so that's good news.
One thing I have heard from a couple of the leaders who are taking action is that they believe that if they wait until everyone agrees action must be taken, it is too late. Think about it. Take any safety feature, one that you agree with, and think about installing it only when it is needed. How does that work? Put on your seat belt when you know you are going to need it? Do you lock you doors only when you think someone is trying to get in, or do you waste time and effort before it is needed? We (taxpayers) pas almost $800 billion dollars per year for our military. Why don't we wait until we need them? Just a couple of blocks from my house is a building were we keep several very athletic folks sitting around just waiting for a fire. Why not just call them when we need them. Again, there are leaders out here who think we should try and put some safety features in place before they are needed.

And as discussed in another post the flu is a very well known killer, happens every year, year after year, and it still kills. This is a first time virus, never seen before. I personally don't think we should wait until it has killed a sufficient number to begin at least trying to slow the progress.

And perhaps the most important point is that the medical system is not able to handle the PROJECTED load from this virus. If left unchecked, the medical system is going to crash. There won't be enough Doctors, nurses, facilities and equipment to treat the PROJECTED case load.

I see such a similarity between the current situation and the Bayer Aspirin commercial where this guy says "I had a heart attack, and the doctor proscribed a low dose aspirin routine. I didn't listen. I had another and almost died. Now I take my aspirin every day."

And I too will be very interested to hear the final numbers when this blows over, but I am unwilling to ignore the best medical advice I can get to simply wait and see if I'm right or not. OMG do I hope I am wrong, and that in a couple of months you can come and quote every statement I have written that was incorrect or turned out wrong. Never in my life have I wanted so much to be proven wrong. Please let me be incorrect, and wrong, and overreacting.

In the meantime, we are staying home, rationing everything so we don't have to go purchase things we wasted.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Funding for the Kennedy Center -- a performing arts center in Washington, D.C.?

What in the hell does a performing arts center have to do with a crisis?

While everyone worry's about financial ruin and dying from coronavirus, Nancy Pelosi and her cabal are playing identity politics...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,419 Posts
drb... I hope you are wrong too. My concerns are more directly related to our constitutional rights and the further stacking of unnecessary laws, as well as the abuse of panic to push agendas that normally would be laughable.

I'm not walking around with facemasks and gloves but staying home as possible and maintaining distance is high on the list. We've also gone a little out of our way to purchase take-out foods and leave good tips to help the local businesses we enjoy a bit more as they struggle through these lock-down orders.

·
Registered
83 Posts
"The bill proposed by Pelosi, D-Calif., additionally seeks to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person...

...and wait for it...

...wait for it...

...the return of Obamaphones!"

Can I get $10K for my kids college education? No student debt, but thanks to Nancy's latest political gyration, I've now officially lost 8 years of gains in the investment funds that WERE going to pay for what the 529 (I fully funded) didn't cover.

Once again, those in the middle who do the right thing get screwed...
Well, thankfully Moscow Mitch had a solution for Pelosi's giveaway. He wanted a $500 Billion fund that Mnuchin could use without any oversight. Oh, Trump said he would be the oversight. And if Mnuchin agreed, that money could be used for stock buypack (free money to stockholders).

·
Registered
83 Posts
drb... I hope you are wrong too. My concerns are more directly related to our constitutional rights and the further stacking of unnecessary laws, as well as the abuse of panic to push agendas that normally would be laughable.

I'm not walking around with facemasks and gloves but staying home as possible and maintaining distance is high on the list. We've also gone a little out of our way to purchase take-out foods and leave good tips to help the local businesses we enjoy a bit more as they struggle through these lock-down orders.
I share your concern about our constitutional rights, but I think I see it from a different angle. The DOJ has already proposed changes in the law to allow the AG to request a Chief Judge to pause court proceedings. Not individual by case pause, but district wide pause. Also to change established rules of procedure ...pre-arrest, post-arrest, pre-trial, trial, and post-trial. All of the protections you enjoy would be removed during an "emergency". And no body gets to vote about that emergency.
Crises, when citizens are scared and confused is the best time to take civil liberties. Many will say, "sure, I can do with a little less freedom if i am a little safer". Look at Russia today. a country of 146 million people with less than 100 cases of Covid-19 and zero fatalities. And all of their cases are mild, and quickly recover.

We are with you 100% is our activities here.

101 - 120 of 169 Posts