Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So I guess somewhere we have to make a choice. One we shouldn't have to and one I don't agree with, but...... I am the last guy or one of the last guys who wants to see my tax dollars sent to some $h!tbag millionaire corporate dong who smokes $100 cubans at his cigar club. All this said if I was given a choice I'd do it and hope that maybe some of the money would be used towards the business. Worst case is he buys some stocks and helps drive the market up. In my mind this is way better than sending money to kill babies sending something like $190Billion to funding the Hyde loophole(it's true they were.), but that's just me. By the way, the $500B doesn't seem like the number I heard talked about on the floor. I guess if you count all of it including the bump of $600/week to the current $300something per week unemployment and extend that out for 60 days to start, the continuation of health insurance for employees that can't work due the virus and whatever else I guess it would be close. I also can see how someone maybe able to stretch paying rich CEOS like Bush did for failed business into helping the market, but I don't agree with it. I fail to see how tax credits for solar and wind has anything to with the market or the virus. Ohhh... waaaaait....I do remember reading about someone in our government(last name Reid) involved in partnering with the CHINESE to develop the largest solar farm in the U.S. out in Nevada. Yeah. Guess what? He's a democrat and his relatives are paid lobbyist for the energy company that wants to do the deal, but he never discussed it with them. Let's face it it's all evil. It's very easy to look up the proposed deal the 4 bipartisan senators agreed to on Sunday. As a matter of fact it has every single thing that that douche bag schumer was bitchin about on the floor of the senate yesterday and today. Don't take my word for it. Look it up and you will see that a good share of what mitch says is true. The dems decide to add a bunch of stuff, but then again maybe mitch isn't being totally honest about the money that might go to CEOS. Rumor has it that Pelosi dropped billions of dollars for free abortions and that there may be a vote on Friday. There's more, but I'm lucky enough to still be working so I gotta rack out for a few hours. Stay safe and avoid the weir stuff.

Swamp

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hey drb I forgot a couple of quick things. Russia shut down the Chinese border 7 weeks ago. Trump is still catching hell for shutting down any of our borders especially the Southern border. As of Sunday Russia was headed for 300 cases. From the sounds of it they did start testing very early and shipped exposed and positive people to quarantine areas. The lefties would have for sure tried to cut Trumps balls off if people were sent to any kind of camp regardless of the reason. China locked millions down at gun point with threats of jail or worse. Communists can do that kind of stuff and frickin people will wonder why they can control some things so well. Also I meant weird stuff at the end of my last post.

Swamp

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Well, thankfully Moscow Mitch had a solution for Pelosi's giveaway. He wanted a $500 Billion fund that Mnuchin could use without any oversight. Oh, Trump said he would be the oversight. And if Mnuchin agreed, that money could be used for stock buypack (free money to stockholders).
Mitch mconnell Is on my list of people I would love to beat to death.

Was wondering when someone would bring that up. The GOP proposed senate bill would have mostly gone to corporations. The very same corporations that **** everyone over and squeeze every last penny out of everyone they can then cry they have no money when shit goes south. If you give money to the ultra rich or corporations you might as well burn it. You will never reap any benefits from doing so, they'll just use it to line their pockets more.

Solar and wind have nothing to do with this virus, but it is clear from the current happenings that humans are having a massive effect on the environment. They're using this to try to get some things passed which they couldn't before. And the only reason they couldn't get those things passed before is because the GOP blocks that kind of stuff. They already get tons of money from fossil fuel companies, green energy threatens that so they block those things.

That all said, there are quite a few democrats unhappy with pelosi for this. So don't take her actions as being condoned by an entire party. Personally, I think the republican stimulus was bullshit. The democrats seem to want a stimulus that will help the people more than big business. I can see protections for workers being passed along with it as it is related, but it just doesn't seem like the time for alot of this other stuff, and the stimulus feels bloated with it.

There's fuckery going on behind the scenes on both sides. As long as we blame one nothing will change.

Side note, Weinstein has the beer virus in prison. Good. **** that shithead with a cactus.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well, thankfully Moscow Mitch had a solution for Pelosi's giveaway. He wanted a $500 Billion fund that Mnuchin could use without any oversight. Oh, Trump said he would be the oversight. And if Mnuchin agreed, that money could be used for stock buypack (free money to stockholders).
...so rather than argue the mechanics of how to administer a stimulus mechanism focused on the economic impact of coronavirus, the Democrats/Pelosi toss a wishlist of irrelevant progressive BS into the bill? That defy's logic.

4 days ago Trump came out in support of prohibiting the use of funds for stock buybacks... well before Nancy's return from her extended vacation...

The opportunistic political over-reach undertaken by the Democrats relative to this bill is simply indefensible.

·
Registered
468 Posts
...so rather than argue the mechanics of how to administer a stimulus mechanism focused on the economic impact of coronavirus, the Democrats/Pelosi toss a wishlist of irrelevant progressive BS into the bill? That defy's logic.

4 days ago Trump came out in support of prohibiting the use of funds for stock buybacks... well before Nancy's return from her extended vacation...

The opportunistic political over-reach undertaken by the Democrats relative to this bill is simply indefensible.
As if anyone needs any more reason to do so....... remember that in November.

The Dems are just the tip of the iceberg of the anti-Trump crowd, and part of the same crowd that has tried (unsuccessfully, in big fashion) to destroy him.

All this virus hype takes the focus off of several things, including the Dem's/Binden's/left's/Soros's involvement in the corruption in Ukraine.

Here's some good viewing if you want the TRUTH about Ukraine..... Podcast - Rudy Giuliani

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,014 Posts
I don’t follow politics so I can’t add much in the way of what lying shit bag said what, but I’m not an idiot, EVERY single person in office cares about ther high dollar paycheck as well as there relatives business interests not to mention there political contributors..... if I read it correct and for the life of me I can’t remember where........ WAY back in the day..... wait for it.......... THEY DIDN’T get paid to sit and argue all day they volunteered. Let’s try this, cut there salary to a more comfy level as in $100,000 a year MAX..... all political contributions go into ONE fund that each idiot running gets an equal share of to campaign! Want to lay odds on how many turn and walk away from office? How about how many big corps STOP contributing.
Only way to cure the disease in office is cut it’s purse string. Ok rant over! Now who thinks the government is STILL : Of The People, For The People... anymore?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I certainly do!!! And our legislators need to be reminded of that regularly! It’s getting time for torches and pitchforks on the Capitol steps. People can not afford to ignore what goes on in their local, state, and federal government. That ignorance (I don’t mean that in a derogatory way.... well, mostly) is why they do what they do. Not enough accountability.

more good viewing:

·
Registered
652 Posts

1:20 AM and we supposedly have a deal... let's hope it focuses on what's needed without all of the fluff...

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,014 Posts
I don’t follow politics so I can’t add much in the way of what lying shit bag said what, but I’m not an idiot, EVERY single person in office cares about ther high dollar paycheck as well as there relatives business interests not to mention there political contributors..... if I read it correct and for the life of me I can’t remember where........ WAY back in the day..... wait for it.......... THEY DIDN’T get paid to sit and argue all day they volunteered. Let’s try this, cut there salary to a more comfy level as in $100,000 a year MAX..... all political contributions go into ONE fund that each idiot running gets an equal share of to campaign! Want to lay odds on how many turn and walk away from office? How about how many big corps STOP contributing.
Only way to cure the disease in office is cut it’s purse string. Ok rant over! Now who thinks the government is STILL : Of The People, For The People... anymore?

·
Registered
652 Posts
+1 MojoJojo. Term limits would work as well...

That old adage keeps coming to mind so many of us who grew up in the seventies will remember:

"Grass, gas or ass. Nobody rides for free."

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So, here I go again. When I woke up and saw that the new deal for the Coronavirus stimulous 4 F&$#)(*n Trillion F&&*(##N dollars I almost lost it. Now I sat and watched hours and hours on the Senate floor. I know for a fact because I watched it live that as soon as Pelosi heard about the proposed deal that the 2 Republican Senators and the 2 Democratic Senators came up with she freaked the hell out! Almost immediately she declared that the House would come up with their own bill first. When Mitch was talking on the floor Monday and Tuesday he was trying to convince the dem senators to vote yes to allow discussion of the bill, not to pass the bill. The Bill being the one that the 4 BIPARTISAN Senators had come up with at a cost of about $2trillion. I don't even know how to write numbers that damn big. This Bill is the one being referred to by Trump when he says he wouldn't allow any of the money to be used by companies for stock buybacks. The F%^#&#(#( demtards would even vote to discuss the bill( I was was watching live) because that demented F^#^#(- C U on Tuesday, PELOSI had them locked down until she could get a bill through the house. She wasn't on any damn vacation! She was meeting with all of the people who were getting her to steal every tax dollar she could to line their pocket and hers! So here we go!!
Today we get a bill that would have cost us 2Trillion Dollars 2 days ago and NOW IT COSTS US 4 TRILLION DOLLARS!! WHY!!! BECAUSE OF THE F(#&#(#( DEMOCRATS!! I guess y'all know how I feel huh..:)

Swamp

·
Bronco Snob
1,985 Posts
More like 6 trillion with the FED stuff. :)
......and we are kidding ourselves to think they are finished.
And I was wrong. I said this will be the biggest overreaction in the history of the world.
This is the biggest OVERREACH in the history of the world.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Does this quote from Nancy Pelosi strike you as ironic?

"In a statement Wednesday morning, Pelosi said that "House Democrats will now review the final provisions and legislative text of the agreement to determine a course of action.”

Compare that to her comments on ObamaCare.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
And I was wrong. I said this will be the biggest overreaction in the history of the world.
This is the biggest OVERREACH in the history of the world.
Damn... can I double like that? That has to be one of the most profound statements in this thread yet.

·
Bronco Snob
1,985 Posts
and I DONT CARE IF PRINCE CHARLES HAS THE HONG KONG FLUEY.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Does any of this ring a bell?

1) Healthcare — Control the people’s health and you control the people
2) Poverty — Increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you give them what they need to live
3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you can increase taxes, which in turn will generate even more poverty
4) Gun Control — Remove the ability of people to defend themselves from the Government. That way you can create a police state
5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of a person’s life (Food, Housing, Jobs and Income)
6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children study in school
7) Religion — Remove the belief in God from Government and schools
8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into wealthy and poor. This will cause discontent and make it easier to increase taxes across the board without loosing the support of the poor by making everyone think you will only tax the rich!

Who does that sound like??

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have to stand up and retract part of my statement. The local news has said it was a 4 Trillion dollar package. Now I see it is actually 2Trillion. The bill Pelosi wants was supposed to be $3.9Trillion so maybe that's what they were looking at. Apparently Pelosi's 1000 page bill was too much for a lot of people. Now what is it 1500/ 1600pages? I also read that Pelosi dropped her demand for billions for Planned Parenthood abortions. This bill has only been passed in the Senate. It still has to go to the House. Apparently if your an inc. is< $75k you'll get $1200. If it passes I'm going to wait and see how it will affect my taxes. Best case I pay down some debt or put it in the market. I posted this vid in the other discussion, but it's worth watching especially if you are on the 'stay home list" Live Senate. Seems the dems are even trying to stop Trump from replenishing the strategic oil reserves when the oil prices are low.

Swamp

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Does any of this ring a bell?

1) Healthcare — Control the people’s health and you control the people
2) Poverty — Increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you give them what they need to live
3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you can increase taxes, which in turn will generate even more poverty
4) Gun Control — Remove the ability of people to defend themselves from the Government. That way you can create a police state
5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of a person’s life (Food, Housing, Jobs and Income)
6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children study in school
7) Religion — Remove the belief in God from Government and schools
8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into wealthy and poor. This will cause discontent and make it easier to increase taxes across the board without loosing the support of the poor by making everyone think you will only tax the rich!

Who does that sound like??
1- people are already going into massive debt for medical procedures. one ER trip can cripple a person. if you don't get health insurance through your job you have to pay out the ass for it. I would know, I'm self employed and pay way too much for someone who's young, doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs and rarely goes to the doctor.

2- People who are comfy will never fight back. As long as things are good for them they don't care. When they are starving is when they get pissed and do something.

3- The current administration promised to wipe out the deficit in 8 years, they've added 3 trillion to it and we aren't even a full term in.

6- education has been suffering for a long time. Under both parties.

7- Separation of church and state. This country was built on freedom, including freedom of religion. Meaning the freedom of not having someone else's religion forced down your throat.

8 - the gap between rich and poor has been growing for decades, including under GOP leadership.

TBH what it sounds like is you're trying to blame the party that's not in power for things that exist and in some cases are worse under the one that is in power. Blame those actually responsible instead of whoever isn't in your party.

I have to stand up and retract part of my statement. The local news has said it was a 4 Trillion dollar package. Now I see it is actually 2Trillion. The bill Pelosi wants was supposed to be $3.9Trillion so maybe that's what they were looking at. Apparently Pelosi's 1000 page bill was too much for a lot of people. Now what is it 1500/ 1600pages? I also read that Pelosi dropped her demand for billions for Planned Parenthood abortions. This bill has only been passed in the Senate. It still has to go to the House. Apparently if your an inc. is< $75k you'll get $1200. If it passes I'm going to wait and see how it will affect my taxes. Best case I pay down some debt or put it in the market. I posted this vid in the other discussion, but it's worth watching especially if you are on the 'stay home list" Live Senate. Seems the dems are even trying to stop Trump from replenishing the strategic oil reserves when the oil prices are low.

Swamp
Yeah, I wasn't sure how we could go from 1.5t to 4t that easily. They would have let us die before they allowed that.

·
Registered
468 Posts
“7- Separation of church and state. This country was built on freedom, including freedom of religion. Meaning the freedom of not having someone else's religion forced down your throat.”

If you read your history, separation of church and state was to keep the government out of religion, not the church out of government.
The religion of slaughtering unborn babies is shoved down our throats, so-called same sex marriage is shoved down our throats, the religion of “don’t offend me with your free speech" is shoved down our throats, etc, etc.

121 - 140 of 169 Posts