Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully at this long you guys are all pretty much bunkered down as much as possible. We've been under shelter at home for a couple days now with no definitive end in sight.

I hope maybe you guys might post up some pictures of what you're up to here. I don't think it has to even be a project. Let's talk about what we're doing to pass the time.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,314 Posts
Repainted the living room.

We’re on stay at home orders from the governor, so trying to work from home, teach kids at home, and stay sane. Not easy, and not easy to get any Bronco projects done either. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to finish building my center console.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Knowing I'm gonna have some free time on my hands (wtf is that?!) At home I'll get to tackle some jobs around the house. First up for me is my replacing a ton of boards in my fence.

My fence is old as dirt and ready to fall over. However, my dad ended up with roughly 480 pieces of low grade Gothic cut fence posts that would match my fence pretty well. And he gave them to me. It's a long story.

So I'm going to replace a little less than half the pickets, at least 3 posts, and about 20 rails.

Here's what I've done so far...

This was what I did Sunday afternoon. Just a little test run.

Then on Monday evening after work, I was able to set a new fence post, set that, then replace a couple more sections of parts and rails.

For the fence post, I used this crazy as expanding foam. I don't know if I'd trust it on a new fence, but this is just to get through a few extra years.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Repainted the living room.

We’re on stay at home orders from the governor, so trying to work from home, teach kids at home, and stay sane. Not easy, and not easy to get any Bronco projects done either. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to finish building my center console.
Good job.... looks good! Here's to your sanity!

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tonight, I replaced and tested a replacement relief valve on my air compressor. Was popping at 90 psi on a 100 psi tank. Tested that. Also tested a few beers.

·
Registered
564 Posts
dash_cam...... I am curious how well that expanding foam works...... interesting idea.....

Also "testing" some Delaware wine with vodka additive for a little more oooomph...... so far, test is good!

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,397 Posts
Y’all can laugh your azzes off but I’m playing theHunter call of the wild on my PS4 (getting pretty good at eye hand coordination headshots) hanging with my wife and grandkids, and only going out for essentials. Making sure to sanitize the back of my throat nightly with some Whiskey!

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I didn't even think about the drinks! I grabbed a bottle of sweet tea vodka. You mix it with water and it's pretty similar to tea. But, it also puts a little but in your belly.

And I grabbed a new Belgian ale triple.

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,314 Posts
Oh I didn't even think about the drinks! I grabbed a bottle of sweet tea vodka. You mix it with water and it's pretty similar to tea. But, it also puts a little but in your belly.

And I grabbed a new Belgian ale triple.
View attachment 155851
Was that Firefly vodka? In my home town of Charleston SC they make Firefly sweet tea vodka. That stuff’s dangerous! Before you know it, the bottle’s empty!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ok let’s change it to what you drinking to keep from killing someone.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,713 Posts
Well, my kids are technically on spring break right now. They were supposed to start it on something like Thursday of last week, but due to Corona, the just added 3 days to it and started it last Monday. We've been playing a lot of Xbox when I'm not at work and when I'm awake as I work graves. I figure once their "spring break" is up we'll maybe try something more productive as they've decided to close schools here until late April for now.

I'm attempting to see if I can get my 460 swap for my Bronco underway sometime in the near future, so until that materializes I'm just continuing my usual routine as I'm pretty much a homebody and I'm still required to go to work as I can't put cultures into milk from home.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,713 Posts
Ok let’s change it to what you drinking to keep from killing someone.
If they haven't closed the liquor stores here I may have to get a new bottle of Scotch. I haven't tried anything new in a long while. I'm not a big consumer of alcohol, but I like a few sips here and there of the harder stuff. Beer is like drinking liquid dough to me and it's disgusting.

·
Registered
504 Posts
College is closed down now and all the classes are online so I don't have any excuses not to get a 4.0 other than that finally working on the bronco and she's almost ready to move after more than a year of sitting in YoungDumps driveway. Eventually need to rebuild the front end as all those seals are toast and there's a rattle when going into second gear and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
847 Posts
Y’all can laugh your azzes off but I’m playing theHunter call of the wild on my PS4 (getting pretty good at eye hand coordination headshots) hanging with my wife and grandkids, and only going out for essentials. Making sure to sanitize the back of my throat nightly with some Whiskey!
Just had this conversation with another friend of mine, touched on the importance of drinking whiskey out in the shop, erm, I mean sanitizing and practicing social distancing. It’s the responsible thing to do, ya know...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Some friends of mine that I played rugby with in college started up a distillery a few years ago. Great products. My “sanitizer” of choice:
I’ll have to give that a try, I’m a Whiskey guy so my son the layed off bar manager always has me try the new stuff before they serve it. I’m not a drunk by any stretch of the imagination 2-3 drinks at a time and never before 1900. If I can’t get it local I’ll have to get ya some lettuce if your willing to mail me one once all this shits blown over.

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,314 Posts
I’ll have to give that a try, I’m a Whiskey guy so my son the layed off bar manager always has me try the new stuff before they serve it. I’m not a drunk by any stretch of the imagination 2-3 drinks at a time and never before 1900. If I can’t get it local I’ll have to get ya some lettuce if your willing to mail me one once all this shits blown over.
It’s pretty good, and there are other options too. I can’t get it locally anymore since I moved to Michigan, so I have to get it sent or pick it up when I’m down south visiting. Here’s their website and I think you can order online.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts