Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I've continued on so many projects I stopped taking pictures. But I did buy a little table and umbrella for my patio so I can work from home in comfort.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Y'all try not to be too jealous of my 60's green carpet. But I replaced an old entertainment center for a tube tv with a dresser and wall mounted tv & sound bar. Ran a bit of wiring from an outlet at the floor in the wall up to a new box behind the TV.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
And There i fixed it...

I really hate moving this big ass chiminea around to use it and back to the corner for storage. So I cut off the feet and welded casters to it.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
289 Posts
@dash_cam LOL! I have one of those. Been wanting to use it as target practice but the wife, it was a gift from my MIL, says no. It’s now part of “garden decor”.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Anyone else dip wood handled knives in polyurethane?

View attachment 160598
No and I'm not sure how long poly would hold up when moisture got underneath it. I use plain mineral oil from the drugstore. Safe and doesn't go rancid.

Once a year or so I'll go through all of the knives, salad bowls and cutting boards - slathering them up and wiping them down. They hold up great to almost daily use and washing.

Fresh salads are one of the things I've missed most during this whole lock down debacle. That and a haircut, but that's being taken care of Saturday!

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Once a year?! Shoooot...
I got this paring knife since about the time a graduated high school, I think. Honestly don't remember if it was my mom's or my grandmother's. But it was already dipped once. I didn't do it again until a couple years ago. No water damage here. It's absolutely my favorite kitchen knife.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,876 Posts
I don't like poly on tool handles. Too slippery when you're working on a hot sweaty day. I always figured it'd be the same with knives that might get damp in the kitchen.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Stacked washer and dryer. Added some recycled base cabinets and a maple butcher block top that I stained with a vinagar steel wool solution. I used satin spar urathane to protect it. The top was recycled as well. Funny thing is when is sanded the old finish off I missed some spots that weren't revealed until I stained it. They Madi it look worn and kinda cool so I left it that way. Results were very happy wife. Another straw in my Bronco building hat

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

181 - 190 of 190 Posts