Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,349 Posts
Apparently my state deems liquor stores essential, so they are still open. Also, the last bottle I bought was exactly 12 months ago, and I still have a wee bit of it left, so that'll give an idea of how much of a drinker I am. Guess it's time to pick something new up. Maybe I'll try some of Grandpa @cobrajoe's favorite Jack Daniel's. Time to support American business during a crisis.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,215 Posts
Wife and I are both essential and working... Too bad too, we were looking forward to being locked down and getting some things done around the house...

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,394 Posts
@Doosenberry , try Gentleman Jack, you won't be disappointed, it's a little bit more money, but the way you drink it, it will be money well spent.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i haven't tried gentleman jack but i have had woodford reserve, which goes well with water and ice.

firefly is a tasty vodka but i usually get either deep eddy vodka (texas vodka) or cheap out and get burnett's. usually cheap liquor will give me a hangover but the burnett's does not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im giving the old Bronco a rust proofing. Got surface rust and I dont want any more rust. Its on Jack stands with a full tank of this cheap $1.89 gas. I've started with StaBal Rust stopper cause I have four cans of it. I sprayed a small spot last summer and it looks great compared to everywhere else. I"ll load my greasy pics.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Tonight, I replaced and tested a replacement relief valve on my air compressor. Was popping at 90 psi on a 100 psi tank. Tested that. Also tested a few beers.

View attachment 155850
I would recommend upgrading to a bigger compressor. The one you have is basically a glorified tire inflator. If you pull that plastic cover off the pump is pretty much the same as you find in little 12v automotive compressors just with a 120v motor. I had one that I fixed and it burned up trying to run a brad nailer the first time my dad used it. (it was free and shit, couldn't be too upset). We have a thread for air compressors, and I own several. my dad has a 4 gallon HF I got off the curb and replaced the unloader on, I have a 33 gallon oilless main compressor, and a 4 gallon craftsman I traded for a $10 weedeater.

I'm self employed, I'm considered essential by most and don't have much contact with people so mostly business as usual. I finished a roof about a week or two ago and I'm working on this right now.
the gambler has been pushed back to june now, but I have plenty of other projects to keep me busy. I'm about to order a short block for my string trimmer.

I'm not a drinker, So I get to deal with everything sober. Guess it's not too bad when you've never known anything else.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,349 Posts
I would recommend upgrading to a bigger compressor. The one you have is basically a glorified tire inflator.
That's literally what I thought he was using until I took a second look at the picture. I was like, hey, I can use my little Smittybilt to put nails into my fence. lol

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
@Doosenberry , try Gentleman Jack, you won't be disappointed, it's a little bit more money, but the way you drink it, it will be money well spent.

I may give that a shot.

I googled it to see a review on it, just out of curiosity, and found this one on youtube. It's gotta be the funniest crap I've seen in a while. I don't think the guy was intentionally being funny, but wow. lol When he takes a wiff of the stuff, the look on his face. "Has a very... strong.. solvent, paint thinner aroma."

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I would recommend upgrading to a bigger compressor. The one you have is basically a glorified tire inflator. If you pull that plastic cover off the pump is pretty much the same as you find in little 12v automotive compressors just with a 120v motor. I had one that I fixed and it burned up trying to run a brad nailer the first time my dad used it. (it was free and shit, couldn't be too upset). We have a thread for air compressors, and I own several. my dad has a 4 gallon HF I got off the curb and replaced the unloader on, I have a 33 gallon oilless main compressor, and a 4 gallon craftsman I traded for a $10 weedeater.

I'm self employed, I'm considered essential by most and don't have much contact with people so mostly business as usual. I finished a roof about a week or two ago and I'm working on this right now.
the gambler has been pushed back to june now, but I have plenty of other projects to keep me busy. I'm about to order a short block for my string trimmer.

I'm not a drinker, So I get to deal with everything sober. Guess it's not too bad when you've never known anything else.
yea, it cycles pretty regularly. and i pretty much have it for inflating tires. i have a 29 gallon compressor but it's pretty well settled in its spot in the garage. and i don't like filling it up just to air up my tires. but no way i'm going to replace this one until it blows up. depending on how long it lasts will influence how much i spend on the replacement.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
yea, it cycles pretty regularly. and i pretty much have it for inflating tires. i have a 29 gallon compressor but it's pretty well settled in its spot in the garage. and i don't like filling it up just to air up my tires. but no way i'm going to replace this one until it blows up. depending on how long it lasts will influence how much i spend on the replacement.
When I did my roof I daisy chained 2 25ft 3/8" hoses to my 50 ft hose reel when I renailed the sheathing, and I had a 50ft 1/4" hose I used for the shingles. I have enough hose to reach pretty much anywhere I need it at home. I'll always take a long hose over lugging around another compressor and extension cord. I don't drain my 33 when it's not in use. It runs an auto drain anytime it's on, and I have a ball valve on the outlet. If I just need to air up tires I open the valve and pull out the hose reel. If I need more air I flip the switch on a power strip which has the compressor, auto drain, and a fan. The 33 at full pressure is enough to fill several car tires and still have more air.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
715 Posts
My 5 gal pancake compressor, and the OBA on my fullsize get more use than the 80 gal in the shop for that reason...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Installed a smaller supercharger pulley, new intake, exhaust on my A6 3.0T along with stage 2 ECU tune.

475 hp to all four wheels now! 525 on race fuel!

Listen to that supercharger whine!

Saw my old Bronco the other day.... Miss that truck.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Installed a smaller supercharger pulley, new intake, exhaust on my A6 3.0T along with stage 2 ECU tune.

475 hp to all four wheels now! 525 on race fuel!

Listen to that supercharger whine!

Saw my old Bronco the other day.... Miss that truck.
Sounds pretty good. Like a mild case of straight cut gears in a racing transmission.

This one sounds good until he starts hitting higher speeds then it sounds quite ridiculous and piercing.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,419 Posts
Been dealing with physical issues, so I haven't got squat done but unlike most of you... I live self-quarantined and my lil' lady works the counter at USPS, which is obviously considered an essential... so it's same ol', same ol' around here.

Been playing the hell out of Minecraft. Not because I'm really into it but I'm too cheap to waste money on a lot of games and you can only run through Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 4 so many times before you hit all the good guy, bad buy and realistic-ish guy options and explored every nook and cranny.

Once this damn stump infection clears up, I'd like to get a little road time on the bike and then settle into finishing Dad's top end rebuild. C'mon anti-biotics! I got coppers to run from for breaking quarantine. ;)

No more drinking here but damn if that vid didn't make me miss some yummy Gentleman Jack. Mmmmm, mmmm! Oh well. At least I grow my own medical MJ, so I know it's all good and safe.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
those audis are badass. i usually saw them turbo charged, though. did you switch it or was it NA before you added the super charger?

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,076 Posts
Currently considered essential, so still doing 6 days a week which leaves little time for Bronco stuff or anything else. Used it 4 days last week to run back 'n forth to work after getting the front end done. I want to jack it up and double check the wheel bearing seatments and grease after 100 mile install, but it's supposed to rain Sunday. Now it's needs new lower door hinge pins on both sides. The front lower seams are starting to pinch & rub the front fender.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,469 Posts
Back when I drank, Weller's was the top choice. I do down a Budweiser about 6 times a year...

Painting is apparently essential, so we are open for business. I'll have 50 hours in this week tomorrow at one. Wednesday was the busiest day we've had in ten years. So many people wanting to get stuff painted.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,928 Posts
Back when I drank, Weller's was the top choice. I do down a Budweiser about 6 times a year...

Painting is apparently essential, so we are open for business. I'll have 50 hours in this week tomorrow at one. Wednesday was the busiest day we've had in ten years. So many people wanting to get stuff painted.
When stuck in the house - you might as well knock off a couple things off the honey-do list!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts