Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,707 Posts
Wednesday was the busiest day we've had in ten years. So many people wanting to get stuff painted.

That's how it was when I stopped at the machine shop on Wednesday to check on things. The owner said the previous week was the busiest he's been in a long time and that you can barely walk around his shop at the Head station because of all the heads lined up to be worked on.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
last night i did a little more on the fence. and i did some work in the yard. today i'll do some work in the yard and then maybe some work on the fence. switch it up a bit.

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
Been dealing with physical issues, so I haven't got squat done but unlike most of you... I live self-quarantined and my lil' lady works the counter at USPS, which is obviously considered an essential... so it's same ol', same ol' around here.

Been playing the hell out of Minecraft. Not because I'm really into it but I'm too cheap to waste money on a lot of games and you can only run through Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 4 so many times before you hit all the good guy, bad buy and realistic-ish guy options and explored every nook and cranny.

Once this damn stump infection clears up, I'd like to get a little road time on the bike and then settle into finishing Dad's top end rebuild. C'mon anti-biotics! I got coppers to run from for breaking quarantine. ;)

No more drinking here but damn if that vid didn't make me miss some yummy Gentleman Jack. Mmmmm, mmmm! Oh well. At least I grow my own medical MJ, so I know it's all good and safe.
You played some of the older games pepe? I like the last of us, the bioshock series, the entire fallout series, and burnout paradise. I have a ps3 and ps4, and ps3 games are dirt cheap used. I paid less than $15 a pop for several.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,912 Posts
I have, some. Think I still have a working X-box 360 without the green ring of death and more games for it than the new but I do get burnt out after 3 or 4 play throughs.

I enjoyed the Bioshock series with it's cool/creepy vibe but it's pretty restrictive for my sniper/explorer type of play style. I came into the Fallout series a little late w/Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I jumped on FO4 and ran through it at least 4 times. I really liked the building aspects but more options would have been much better. I have had 0 interest in FO76 with the online money grab bs. Not familiar with "last of us" or "burnout paradise". Played the hell out of RDR and loved the Undead Nightmare expansion, so RDR2 was a must have and it was exceptionally well done, imo. Again though... I haven't messed with the online version and expansion dies as soon as that angle kicks in, so that sucks. I've also thoroughly enjoyed the Assassins Creed series but the controls are so different, I can't swap between series when I'm into it or I start falling off of rooftops and getting caught/killed too much.
I'm not real exact or quick with my controls but I really enjoy the RPG/Open World stuff.
I actually got into the Minecraft crap just to spend a little time with my son, online... before his mom stepped on that. Unfortunately, the last update destroyed a world I spent nearly a year building. Pro-tip... don't spend months to develop areas near borders.

When you're stuck on the couch, trying to take it easy and let the body heal... these games are a godsend. I'd have lost my mind long ago from cabin fever without 'em. Actually... that's still questionable, if you ask my lil' lady. ;)

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
Alot of the games I play are FPS but to be honest I don't consider myself particularly good with them. My first modern console was a ps2. I had plenty of games but a few favorites. tony hawks pro skater 3, resident evil 4, and burnout 3 takedown. I played the shit out of burnout 3 and RE4. RE4 to this day is the only game Ive played through multiple times, and I even beat it on pro mode and got the hand cannon. The burnout series is a racing game. It really came into it's own with burnout 3, a game known as one of the best ps2 games. Criterion went all out and really took the ps2 to its limits with that one. Aside from graphics and maybe load times it still feels modern. I didn't have a ps3 until like 5 years ago. Burnout paradise is the successor to B3. Again a great game, they made it open world, added more challenges and stunts while keeping the spirit of B3. They also have online mode and you can complete co op challenges with other players, race or compete in events. EA has taken the BP servers offline so PS3 games no longer can connect but the remastered servers are still up. Only thing about BP is the soundtrack sucks, I turned the volume all the way down on the music.
This was probably my favorite ad though.

I'm big on games with a good story and world building that's why I love bioshock and the last of us.
The last of us is a zombie game, but it's fucking beautiful. Hell if you're the type you may find yourself wandering around just looking at things.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Oh I didn't even think about the drinks! I grabbed a bottle of sweet tea vodka. You mix it with water and it's pretty similar to tea. But, it also puts a little but in your belly.

And I grabbed a new Belgian ale triple.
View attachment 155851
I brewed a 10 gallon all-grain batch of Belgian Golden Strong Ale on Monday... bubbling away in the fermentor as I type this... 6 weeks until I can keg and force carb it :(

I like Belgian beers...

And did somebody mention bourbon? From Halloween...

And I posted this a short while ago in another thread, this evening? Dark & Stormies with 151 proof Blackseal Rum

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
This is my next mini project. This slot machine works, and would look great in my living room. But water has gotten to the wood and it's swelled up like a balloon. so I'm rebuilding the whole case with scrap wood I have laying around.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
You played some of the older games pepe? I like the last of us, the bioshock series, the entire fallout series, and burnout paradise. I have a ps3 and ps4, and ps3 games are dirt cheap used. I paid less than $15 a pop for several.
PS4 also good Crew 2, but I have been hitting theHunter Call of the wild lately.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
@Want2BS8ed

very nice! my favorite beer is belgian ale quads. there's a local brewery that makes a really good triple. and i used not to be a fan of rum but i have started to enjoy sugar cane dark rums. and that goslings 151 is the tits.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,206 Posts
I planned on doing this before the virus, but never got around to it. Had the parts ready for several weeks. (Also, I am one of those people that gets to work from home every other day, and while I’m at home, must be available via Skype, so it’s not like I can do anything useful during that time anyway.)

My 18V batteries are slowly dying, such that I get about 5 minutes from one and about 15 from the other. Not terrible for small projects, but useless if I need to saw something at the junkyard. And I’m not going to pay $100 for two more, buy the new battery adapter, or get a new set of tools (yet).

I rigged up this old battery housing with an extension cord and battery clips so now I can power my tools from a car battery. They’re not 100% as fast as they were (13v vs 18v), but it works. I’m sure I’m not the first person to try this either.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Wow...ok so dont waste the money to replace it? Why?
Guess he missed the replace soon part, me thinking ,he be thinking it’s dried and rotted.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I planned on doing this before the virus, but never got around to it. Had the parts ready for several weeks. (Also, I am one of those people that gets to work from home every other day, and while I’m at home, must be available via Skype, so it’s not like I can do anything useful during that time anyway.)

My 18V batteries are slowly dying, such that I get about 5 minutes from one and about 15 from the other. Not terrible for small projects, but useless if I need to saw something at the junkyard. And I’m not going to pay $100 for two more, buy the new battery adapter, or get a new set of tools (yet).

I rigged up this old battery housing with an extension cord and battery clips so now I can power my tools from a car battery. They’re not 100% as fast as they were (13v vs 18v), but it works. I’m sure I’m not the first person to try this either.
first of all, i love this.

i am committed to the makita LXT line of tools at this point. depending on what you're doing, though, the ryobi line might be a good buy for you. the milwaukee brand of tools are great and less expensive than makita. i think the quality is probably even. i'd say that between makita, milwaukee, and dewalt. porter cable makes great tools, too.

i love my makita tools, though. i just hate paying for them.

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
Guys you're overthinking this. I had a original spare and ended up running it for a month (not a good idea) before it threw rubber chunks off. Of course the damn thing is shot.
first of all, i love this.

i am committed to the makita LXT line of tools at this point. depending on what you're doing, though, the ryobi line might be a good buy for you. the milwaukee brand of tools are great and less expensive than makita. i think the quality is probably even. i'd say that between makita, milwaukee, and dewalt. porter cable makes great tools, too.

i love my makita tools, though. i just hate paying for them.
We bought into the Ryobi ecosystem because when we bought a gutter business it came with 2 drills. They may not be the best but if you aren't abusing them 8 hours a day every day they hold up. Li- Ion batteries are cheap, and they'll work on any 18v tool made in the last 2 decades. So far I've replaced 1 drill after it eventually wore out and started getting finicky. I'm on my first one of everything else except batteries.
For handheld my stuff is mix and match. My favorite circular saw is a makita that was given to me, grinders are HF and ryobi, sawzall dewalt, table saw ryobi, chop saw delta, multi function rockwell.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
806 Posts
Great idea for a new thread. I travel three weeks a month covering two states so I never have enough time at home. Until two weeks ago when my company grounded until the china virus blows thru. So, more time to work arounf the house and work on my '78. Installed some under hood lights, PS cooler and a larger Trans cooler & postedunder the "Today" thread. While i like being home we all need to get back to work. We have a Country to save.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I like to rotate my spare in whenever possible so they all get a little break.
my project my son and I started was to get the shop tools a little more organized.
A1CBFA40-7E4B-4AAC-886B-460103FEAC92.jpeg

41 - 60 of 188 Posts